CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Rain Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ran across this on another forum. Just passing it along.

http://www.ridetribe.net/
Ok it goes on quick, but does it keep a toad strangler at bay?
Dang, mine takes me about 10 minutes to put on. Interesting product but pricey.

Is a toad strangler like a frog choker?
Probably...local reference to a really hard rain. They sound similar.

Maybe for fun to orrow I will see how long it takes to put on my frog toggs
Nice!

I had a set of Frogg Toggs that served me well, but I melted one of the pant legs on a Guzzi V7 pipe in Europe last year. Replaced them with an Olympia Horizon rain jacket and pants. The material packs down very compactly and is self-storing with a built-in pocket. Very comfortable and breathes well.
Pretty interesting. I'd like to see a review of the product's water resistance and workmanship before I dropped $200. This suit is about twice what I paid for my Revit gear, but it could be worth the extra investment.

OH...and this suit doesn't look like it packs down as tightly as my current gear, which can be an important factor.
Frogg Toggs for me too.
Ok went and timed putting on my Frog Toggs using the stop watch feature on my phone. This included zipping the zippers on bottom sides of legs and attaching velcro at cuffs and snapping buckle at waist, also zipping up top and snapping all snaps from waist to neck

1:38.11

I thought pulling on a pair of over pants and putting on a jacket would take less time than that Undecided

I think I could do it a little faster but nowhere near 20 seconds lol. It took more than that just to put the pants on. Sad
Yeah, and it takes even longer on the side of the road when you have to dig it out of your gear and the rain is already coming down!

A buddy of mine went riding in Europe. He forgot his rain suit and went to several motorcycle stores to buy one. Nobody knew what he was talking about, apparently because Europeans' everyday riding gear is already suitable for the rain.
I've not found any gear (especially gloves) that are totally rainproof. My new jacket I got used last summer was supposed to be water proof. Got caught in a toad strangler without my rain gear. Pulled into a Dairy Farmers about 9 miles up the road under the roof above the pumps and poured water out of my sleeves.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's