CB1100 Forum

Full Version: So I got bored and decided to do a video review of the bike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm by no means an expert filmographer, just a bum with a mic and a camera and too much time on my hands! However, I wanted to brag about how nice SoCal is right now with some sunny footage.

A couple of times I had written all about the CB for people on Reddit who had questions or were curious about the bike so I'm hopeful this will save me some time next time it comes up! Plus, there weren't a lot of videos with any owner's comments on the bike with pros and cons when I bought her so thought I'd throw my 2c in (or given how long I drone on maybe it's more like 5c? Hello )
Good One.. watched the entire footage.. Proud owner of the same model and year and very satisfied.
I have the same bike and love it as well.

Thank you for putting it on film.

Great job. 11,000 miles in one year makes you an expert.

George
Arizona
Excellent.. One of the best I've seen.
Good video and commentary Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
The lane splitting (filtering) alarmed me a little, but only because it's not allowed here so we've never done it Big Grin
Good video, enjoyed. I have the same make and model, glad to see someone who loves it as much as I do.
I noticed @ 5:05 you don't seem to use the clutch when shifting?
I've never tried it, how does the bike take it?
thanks
crutch
Hey,
I own the same model an color. bought it brand new in oct 2015 and put 8200 mile on it until now.
surprised that i've never seen another Cb1100 on the road yet.
Im from long beach CA.
Excellent job on the video! Thumbs Up
@crutch: I'll shift up without the clutch sometimes, it's fine! It's really easy too, you just put some pressure on the lever as if you were going to shift up normally and then roll off the throttle momentarily. Slides right into gear.

@rocky:
Splitting can be great although the bike was already victim to a texting lane-changer! I fixed it up no problem (it's a trooper) and continue to split just because it saves SO much time. If there's an accident and you have somewhere to be in a car? Forget it! And in SoCal there's ALWAYS an accident!
Yeah really great video. So nice to hear so many positive things about the bike. Little things matter. I had a KAW ZR750 and it missed shifts here and there. My 2002 YAM FZ1000 I could tell did not like being re-cammed to lop off its top end. It wanted me to shift FAST through all the gears. But the CB1100 you just get on and ride and don't think about anything. Thanks for the quality of your video and how much you put into it!
Reference URL's