CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Not enough Ibuprofen in the world right now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How those little ligaments of the carpal tunnel can make one inutile for riding...
Bummer man, sudden onset or has it been coming on?
Started yesterday and flared up good today.
Angry
Oh man same here! I know for myself, I need to take more breaks, but I might have to bust out the crampbuster tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Avoided carpal tunnel so far, but infrequent bouts of gout and arthritic flare-ups occasionally render me "inutile". I'm 65 yrs old, and I have never heard that word before. Ever. Unless I forget that I have. Which is quite possible...;-) So thanks for the new word!

Hope this passes quickly for you!
Are use guys riding with the rock hard small diameter Honda handlebar grips?
They will cramp yours hands within an hour.
One of the first thing I bought for my CB were Grip Puppies (slip-on foam covers) from California Sports Touring.
Have you tried the hand braces? I've had problems with carpel tunnel in the past due to work, I use a knife 8 hours a day, the Doc suggested the braces and they worked for me. A little clumsy feeling at first but after a week my hands were pretty much back to normal.
I'm also a user of cramp busters, still have trouble with my right hand going numb for some reason.
Best of luck.
crutch
I don't like gripping the throttle on a bike for hours on end. I use a Throttle Rocker on both my bikes.

I've noticed right-hand numbness on occasion. I figured out it was in cold weather when too much insulating material was crammed under my armpit, cutting off blood flow at the artery under there.
I had a set of those pussy grips on mine but I have changed them for some thin ones. Surprisingly they actually feel better on my hands...less numbness from the vibes.
I have gel grips on my CB. The right hand I solve with the throttle lock but the issue is in my left hand and simply can't operate the clutch.

It's 3:20am here. The friggin pain woke me up.

INUTILE: spillage from my native tongue but according to MW also correct in Shakesperian.

Now try to catch some more Zs.

Buenas noches.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's