CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Oil change Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Nice video Mike, shows how ridiculously easy it is to change the oil and filter on this bike. Watched it on my TV.

Also watched your Dragon Video on the Goldwing, and now watching your 2012 Goldwing test ride lol. Do you own a dealership?
Nice one, memphismike. I can't believe that:

1. the underside of your bike is as clean as it is; and
2. you could even contemplate using 10W-40 after reading the endless oil threads in this forum. Tongue

You're a brave man.
Well done MikeThumbs Up.
What an amazing voice
Thanks gang. Yeah Cormanus, the bike is my fair weather ride honestly. I'd ride my GL1800 in the rain before the CB1100!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice! I found your video on Youtube and joined this site today. I'll be doing my first 600mile service next weekend.
Very usefull video. Thanks.

Nevertheless, I usually remove oil cap before removing drain plug and I usually put 100~150ml of fresh oil inside the new filter prior instalation. Also I keep my bike on idle a minute or two before accelerating.
I find it's very easy to overfill motorcycles. Even with letting the old warm oil drip out of the drain plug and filter spout for half an hour. Start by putting in 3.25 to 3.5 quarts, warming it up, then adding a little at at time, go for a short ride, and check level again after a few minutes. Mine only took 3.5 quarts of new oil before landing between the measurement lines.
NOT to criticize but a friendly correction
Sorry, 2 missteps, one major:
Minor: before draining oil, remove oil cap.
Major: for maximum engine protection & benefits, always prime oil filter with oil until full before re-installation...instead of engine doing this job for you (runs dry for seconds with clattering noise = no oil/pressure)
As I said, do not get mad, it is a professional and friendly advice Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's