CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Oil Cooler Guard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

Has anyone fitted one of these please and do you need to make any permanent alterations?
http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Hond...OCG0018BK/

One piece of art, black powder coating on aluminium , just one bolt to unscrew and back+ 2 zip ties, fits perfectly , enjoy :-)
Don't take my question wrong, but...what does it do?

I mean, obviously it guards the oil cooler...are they susceptible to rocks cracking them?
pdedse - there are no stupid questions, just silly answers :-)

From my point of view - front wheel fender is pretty short and narrow, lot of sand/mud/small gravels is shoot onto the oil cooler. Yes, we may fit fender extender BUT it doesn't protect oil cooler when bike lean or turn ;-) so, for me, its chip protection of most fragile engine part. Did it on every bike before.
AVE!
I guess i win first in lotto the big one as i get a stone- defect in my aircooler
I thought about getting a cooler guard, but after I added the Fenda Extenda the cooler doesn't get hit with much debris.
Even so, I toyed with the idea of getting one in chrome/stainless just as a bright dress-up. Haven't done it though.
I've considered getting a cooler guard a couple times but never pulled the trigger I also have the extenda and it makes a difference but one thing the cooler takes alot of hits from is bugs!! I never really found a guard that I liked the look of but that one is definitely the nicest one I've seen! I may need to add that to the winter list please post pics if you end up with one!!
I have the guard easy... practical part..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’ve been seriously thinking about this also. Bugs are biggest issue for me and am constantly cleaning it out. I have two small dings already probably from June bugs. I am not sold on the aesthetics though.
I think there are a couple or 3 different models that can be had. Samurider, and japan.webike.net has some. Disclaimer: I haven’t looked in a long while.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's