CB1100 Forum

Full Version: MC Trip Info Wanted: Memphis, Mississippi, Nashville, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi folks.

I am in charge of planning my riding crew's 2018 moto-vacation. I had a thought that I would like to combine my love of riding, food, and music into a week-long tour of American music.

My plan, as it stands now is to go from Chicago to Memphis, TN to Clarksdale, MS (maybe to Cleveland, MS) to Tupelo, MS to Muscle Shoals, AL to Nashville, TN to Owensboro, KY and then back home. All of those stopping points are significant locations in the history of blues, country, and bluegrass, although I confess to enjoying music more than knowing about its roots. That's where you may be able to help me.

I'm looking for points of interest, places to eat, and lodging ideas along that root. I think we will be staying (among other places) in Memphis, Greenwood, MS, Muscle Shoals, and Nashville. Probably stopping at French Lick, IN after Owensboro. OH...and routes! If you have good roads to suggest in any of these areas, please speak up.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to reading your responses.

Matt
Hmmmm I think Peter Egan wrote an article in Cycle World about just such a trip a couple years ago. Sounds like a great trip Sea.

Found it online

https://www.cycleworld.com/smoke-trail-m...otorcycles
thanks, Ferret. I have read that and it is helpful. He stayed at a couple of places that are pretty pricey, but there are a bunch of great POIs mentioned.

the riding will not be very technical, but I'm hoping to substitute the curves for scenery, history, and music. We'll see.
Don’t think I can offer much by way of help, but it’s a great plan.
(11-12-2017 06:56 PM)Cormanus Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t think I can offer much by way of help, but it’s a great plan.

Fly into Atlanta or Nashville and ride with us. Or Chicago.
When is it?
9/22/2018 tentatively
Mmmm. Let's see.
I live about 20 miles from OB, KY but don't know anything about country music there. They are known to host a Bar-B-Que contest every summer. The "Moonlite" Bar-B-Que is raved about there. If I hear of anything else I'll let you know
Thanks, offroad. The International Bluegrass Museum is under construction in OB. It was supposed to be finished by now, but some sort of construction snag and it now looks to open early in 2018. We will see. I will be picking your brain for an interesting route from there to French Lick, but that can wait for a spell.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's