CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Squealing when pulling clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mine is RS 2017 and recently i have had squealing sound every time pulling clutch for gear change. I have lubricated the bolt but no luck. Anyone having the same problem and how to solve it. Thanks
hmm there should be no reason to squeal, it's hydraulic. Does it do it with the motor off? or just when the motor is running? What did you lubricate the pivot with?
Hmm if i remember right somebody put some WD40 by on the hand-lever there. And it was good after.... and a bit l have too the same sound by my DLX until now and not at the new EX
WD 40 is a short term fix for pivot squeal. Long term fix is to pull the blade, and pin, clean off the old stuff, apply a good quality grease like bearing grease and reassemble.

pics are gone but process is explained

http://www.cb1100forum.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=6755
When I did my summer trip in wet and rainy Scotland this year, the clutch lever started to squeal after a while. John helped me out with WD40 and it solved the problem. Being at home again I mounted foldable levers for each the brake and the clutch because I damaged one of it through a downfall of the bike. They were mounted with a good portion of grease and never did an annoying sound since then. If they will do, I repeat the grease thing.

Wisedrum
Ferret, it's quealing either motor on or off. I have lubricated the pivot with Liqui chain lub.

Thanks for the info, i'll try it out on weekend.
(11-15-2017 07:54 AM)The ferret Wrote: [ -> ]WD 40 is a short term fix for pivot squeal. Long term fix is to pull the blade, and pin, clean off the old stuff, apply a good quality grease like bearing grease and reassemble.

pics are gone but process is explained

http://www.cb1100forum.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=6755
If it is the clutch lever squealing that should fix it. PLease let us know. I'm surprised it's happening on a new bike though. Musta got past the luber at the factory.
Yes Ferret. It even leaked at the head gasket as many posts discussed before regarding oil seapage or leakage Big Grin but i have got it fixed by applying a layer of sealant beneath the gasket. No more leak since then.

(11-15-2017 08:16 PM)The ferret Wrote: [ -> ]If it is the clutch lever squealing that should fix it. PLease let us know. I'm surprised it's happening on a new bike though. Musta got past the luber at the factory.
Head gasket or valve cover gasket?
"Squealing when pulling clutch"

I suggest tempering your enthusiasm.

Chip
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's