CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Howdy From The Bluegrass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy. A quick hello from a new guy to the forum.

My first street bike was a CB750F I bought new back in 1977 and that's why I chose it as my nickname. I've been riding ever since (street & dirt) with a few short breaks along the way.

I've had my eye on the CB1100 since it was intro'd back in 2010. I kept threatening to buy one but never pulled the trigger. When I first saw the RS last year I knew I'd have one as soon as I could find one. I'm still waiting.

A few weeks ago my buddy bought a used 2013 CB1100 and that got me to browsing the web again for a CB1100RS. I didn't find an RS, obviously, but I did find a leftover NOS 2014 standard at a price that I couldn't pass up. Except for the RS I always thought I wanted a red CB1100 to remind me of my red CB750F. I never considered the black one but I have to say I'm really glad that's the one I ended up with.

IMO, it's just about perfect the way it is. I'm not thrilled with the muffler portion of the exhaust but I haven't seen a slip on can I like any better either. In homage to the retro theme I'm glad it doesn't have ABS and while I like the look of spokes I like tubeless tires better so the cast wheels get the nod for me. I'm probably going to install engine guards and a rear rack but that's about it. I bought the bike to return to my UJM roots and I have no plans to install a windscreen or hard bags.

I look forward to getting to know y'all.
Hello Howdy and welcome to the forum
welcome
Congrats and welcome! I rode a black '78 CB750F2 back in the day. The 1100 will remind you of your '77, only better.
Welcome CB750F!
Welcome!
Welcome CB750F! How close are you to Owensboro or Henderson? Maybe we could go for a ride next spring!
(12-02-2017 08:13 PM)CB750F Wrote: [ -> ]...I'm probably going to install engine guards and a rear rack but that's about it. I bought the bike to return to my UJM roots and I have no plans to install a windscreen or hard bags.

I had the dealer (Oxnard, CA) install engine guards before my 1976 CB750F left the lot. Did not need them for 5 years, but in 1981 they more than paid for themselves.

Never wanted a full fairing or windshield, but like the Dart Marlin flyscreen to keep bugs off most of my jacket and reduced chest pressure.

Welcome to the forum, from another newcomer!
(12-03-2017 08:34 AM)offroadfx4 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome CB750F! How close are you to Owensboro or Henderson? Maybe we could go for a ride next spring!

I'm near Lexington so we could probably work out a ride.

I see that you listed how much you paid for your CB750 back in '76. That's pretty cool because I remember exactly how much I paid for my 77 CB750F: $1945 in April 1977. I've bought a bunch of cars and motorcycles since then but for some reason I only remember the exact price of two of them. The CB750F and a 1985 Toyota 4WD P/U (they weren't called Tacomas back then). I bought it new in '85 and I paid exactly $8500 for it brand new. Funny the silly stuff we remember especially since my wife's convinced I barely remember my own name. Smile
G’day and welcome to the forum. CB750F
Reference URL's