CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Top Case for 2 Helmets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2017 EX with the factory rack.
I already have a HONDA top case, it is a bit too small on long trip.
I am looking for a top case that can hold 2 helmets (Closest will be a 48L case?)

I think I will require a base plate to mount on my OEM rack.

Any recommendation?
I can say with 100% confidence a GIVI Trekker 46L will hold my Shoei RF1100 and my wife's generic 3/4 helmet with room to spare.
Man, that would be a LARGE box. For perspective this one holds one full face helmet with room to spare but would not take two full face helmets. Made in Boise, Idaho by Happy Trails. 47 ltrs. Mounted to OEM rack via the 4 tabs Honda welded to the rack with holes in them. 4 screws, metal and rubber washers for vibration isolation. You have to drill the holes in the box. Fairly simple install.

I got this: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi...4-top-case

Will hold two helmets easily as well as gloves and other small sundries. Test this when out on a ride with a buddy he used by top case when we got lunch.

Works so well I bought a mounting plate for the Griso so they can share the top case!
The shape of the top case is also important to consider.
These two boxes are used on my scooter:

The Givi is 55L, and yet, it cannot hold my two full face Arai helmets w/ Sena Comms. It's a clam shell design, with curved surfaces, and Givi makes them double wall construction, which takes away from cargo space:

This Givi is 58L, but w/ parallel sides, it seems like I can store 30-40% more cargo than the E55 above. I can easily swallow the same two Arai helmets, and they are sitting upright, not on its side which can damage the Sena Comms.
Don't think I've ever seen a scooter with saddlebags. That's cool.
Reference URL's