CB1100 Forum

Full Version: FJR to CB 1100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my Yamaha FJR for sale I think I want a CB1100 I know there is a lot of difference in the two will i be happy I rode over 75,000 miles on a cb 750 when I was younger.
(04-01-2018 03:50 PM)bikerpipes Wrote: [ -> ]I have my Yamaha FJR for sale I think I want a CB1100 I know there is a lot of difference in the two will i be happy I rode over 75,000 miles on a cb 750 when I was younger.

Probably depends on the type of riding you do. I picture the FJR as a sport tourer, designed for 500-600 miles days, heading out West from the Eastern US (or similar.)

Although I've traveled out West several times on my old BMW R100GS and later on my Guzzi 1200 Sport, both of these bikes are intended to eat up the miles. Have to admit, a riding buddy and I took two Triumph Bonnevilles (a 2001 and 2003) from Cleveland to Arizona, then to Wyoming and back home. Not a problem. So I guess you can tour on a variety of bike types.

I cannot imagine the CB being anything like the FJR. If you do big miles and long multi day trips, maybe the FJR is the right bike.

Just my thoughts.

Bob
I agree with Ohiorider. I Have an FJR and a CB1100. Two different animals. Long distances in speed and comfort, FJR. Local backroads and weekend fun, CB1100.

Frankly, if you could only have one motorcycle, the FJR is very hard to beat.
I don't ride that much anymore just Sunday breakfast runs and short hops love the retro looks Reminds me of a 1969 CB 750.
(04-17-2018 02:53 PM)bikerpipes Wrote: [ -> ]I don't ride that much anymore just Sunday breakfast runs and short hops love the retro looks Reminds me of a 1969 CB 750.

Then Honda has succeeded in its goal for the CB1100!!

A couple thoughts: you can always buy another motorcycle. And you will have experienced the sublime excellence of the CB1100.
(04-17-2018 02:53 PM)bikerpipes Wrote: [ -> ]I don't ride that much anymore just Sunday breakfast runs and short hops love the retro looks Reminds me of a 1969 CB 750.

In that case, I say absolutely give the CB1100 a shot. Highly doubt you will have any regrets.
Reference URL's