CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Pullback risers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't mind the bars the way they are. The position seems to work with the little fairing. But it would be a bit more comfortable if they were up and back a little. My only concern is I'll be more upright and maybe a bit more of a target for the wind.

Any suggestions?
I put 2 inch Roxx risers on mine with a taller K&H seat so I’m pretty upright and did not notice any increase in wind drag.
I used an older version of these on my '14 Standard that made a big difference.
The cables seemed to have just enough play without having to do anything.
The risers bring the bar up and back closer to you.

SW-Motech Barback

Mounting instructions gives a good look

I didn't notice any difference with wind, but much more comfortable riding position for me.
$16 off Ebay did the same thing as the Roxx. the bottom part was a tad loose. final solution was wrapped once around the middle with safety wire to fill the gap and bolted down. solid as a rock now and you can't tell looking at it.
After another forum member suggested them, I bought a pair of GenMar risers. They raise the bars up 1" and back 1 3/8 inches. Unfortunately I will have to wait until May to try them.
thanks.
all good suggestions that i will look into.
(04-04-2018 03:41 AM)jimgl3 Wrote: [ -> ]$16 off Ebay did the same thing as the Roxx. the bottom part was a tad loose. final solution was wrapped once around the middle with safety wire to fill the gap and bolted down. solid as a rock now and you can't tell looking at it.

Can you link to that or similar item?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Motorcycle...Nt&vxp=mtr

in case that doesn't work, here's the description to search

Pair-Motorcycle-HandleBar-Handle-Fat-Bar-Mount-Clamps-Riser-Universal-7-8-039-039-22mm
Thank you. They are definitely pullback kind, not just straight up risers?

Also, does anyone ever tried using a rubber gasket to decrease vibration? Touring bikes do that upgrade often.
yes, they swivel any way you want them. I tried rubber for the slight mis-fit that I described and it worked ok. it did dampen vibration like you suggest, but I just couldn't get used to the lack of a really solid feel to the bars. that's why I finally went with the safety wire.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's