CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Classic fullface helmet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so after reading almost every post about helmets, I still didn't find what I'm looking for.
I'm searching for a classic helmet that looks good on the CB but with modern performance.
I like the looks of the Biltwell Gringo S, the Premier Trophy, the Bell Bullit, but all of them have at least one problem for me.
If any of you knows a full face helmet that is:
- classic looking
- without real leather (to protect my life I believe that I don't have to take other's)
- below 400 eur
- well ventilated

Thank you in advance
I have not found a comfortable full face since Shoei made the S20, circa 1976.

Did not know anyone still made leather lined. Had a metalflake gold, leather-lined 3/4 helmet in 1967. It was very comfortable.
You may find useful information in this thread, Rod.
This one is not a full-face but i think it looks pretty cool with the CB:

https://www.burnoutitaly.com/shark-herit...mat-helmet
for me it all boils down to head shape. bell seem to be only helmets, besides arai of course which I refuse to pay for, that fits my head.
I rather pay Arai than the hospital !
Bell makes a retro-styled helmet as does Simpson and I think I saw a Scorpion kid that had a retro look to it.

No idea if any of those fit you or your price range.

I have yet to find a retro-styled helmet that meets my “Safety then fit then comfort” standards. At least not for the lid I wear on longer trips or at higher speeds.

I have found that the only way a retro-styled fullface helmet is well-ventilated is if the face shield leaks. Most do not have true vents.
Blauer 80's

AGV Legends X3000
(04-13-2018 05:01 PM)Cormanus Wrote: [ -> ]You may find useful information in this thread, Rod.

I've done it already and didn't find what I'm looking for. Thanks anyway Thumbs Up

(04-14-2018 05:57 AM)Peperapido Wrote: [ -> ]Blauer 80's

AGV Legends X3000

No ventilation and real leather in the AGV...

I know... it's a hard quest Undecided

Thanks anywayThumbs Up
My problem with the Biltwell is the visor lock mechanism. My problem with the Bell is cost/value, and fit, but I really like the look. I think the simpson ghost bandit, street bandit or m30 bandit and should come in under 400 Euro. I have a Shoei Qwest which is far from retro, but has a functional simplicity that I like as well as being a good fit for my head shape and very quiet compared to my other helmets. I think finding a SHOEI model under 400 Euro shouldn't be too difficult either with some hunting around. I got mine for $300 canadian.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's