CB1100 Forum

Full Version: 2017 Honda CB1100EX modifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since I traded a 2013 CB1100 in on the new EX I have a few modifications that were removed to use on the 2017. I am starting with checking compatibility of the old parts at first.

First up was the Corbin seat. Fits perfectly with a small gap at the tank. Barely noticeable unless you know to look. The wide seat actually matches the lines of the 2017 better than the 2013.

Second the Emgo Venom fairing. I have only placed it on the headlight bucket without installing bolts so far but the fit looks better than the 2013. With no trimming needed. I may but down a new one since I trimmed this one to fit a 2013.

Next up the license plate bracket. I have a metalmaven license plate bracket that was used on my 2013 but found it would not be the best fit for the 2017. First it needs spacers to move away from the taillight housing. Then there is a third bolt hole in the lower fender to deal with that is not covered by the bracket. My solution is to make a new plate with the three mounting bolt holes. İmageİmageİmageİmageİmageİmageİmageİmage
Cracklin work kenny Thumbs Up
Looks great! Please enlighten me on the reason for modifying the license plate bracket.
The small gap from seat to tank looks just right to keep seat from rubbing tank paint.

Nice job on counter sinking the license mounting plate.
Your pattern looks the same as what I did, other than I mounted it higher, loosing all 3 reflectors, showing more rear fender.
Was lucky enough to find mirror finish stainless steel, so the back side of the mounting plate looks chrome.

(04-21-2018 04:18 PM)LongRanger Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great! Please enlighten me on the reason for modifying the license plate bracket.

Appearance
PM your email if you want pics of mine.
Gotcha, thanks. It looks like it'll leave a visible hole (and grommet!) at the lower edge of the fender. Looking forward to seeing the final results!
(04-21-2018 03:11 PM)kennyw Wrote: [ -> ]Since I traded a 2013 CB1100 in on the new EX I have a few modifications that were removed to use on the 2017. I am starting with checking compatibility of the old parts at first. ....

Next up the license plate bracket. ... My solution is to make a new plate with the three mounting bolt holes.

I ran into the same type thing...thanks for the photos and dimensions!
(04-21-2018 04:30 PM)LongRanger Wrote: [ -> ]Gotcha, thanks. It looks like it'll leave a visible hole (and grommet!) at the lower edge of the fender. Looking forward to seeing the final results!

Interesting, as my 2014 has a two bolt (6 mm) bracket with third point rubber "bumper" on the bracket.
The bracket I have installed is for the 2013/14. The sketch I made will move the plate down and cover the bottom hole. I just need to get one made and test fit for verification.
I finished mounting the fairing and added usb power to the phone mount. The fairing looks like it was made for this bike. No issues mounting it other than using longer bolts than stock. I also added a washer in between the fairing and headlight bracket to fill the recess for the factory bolt head. Otherwise the fairing plastic would bend into that recess. İmageİmageİmage
Looking good Kenny. Does that phone/GPS holder impede your access to the ignition key?

Edit: ahh I see now that it is off to the right. I thought it was in the center.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's