CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Pinstriped my wheels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whatcha guys think ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-22-2018 01:37 PM)greekcb Wrote: [ -> ]Whatcha guys think ?

Dude, I Heart it now thinking of doing mine lol never thought about doing that but it looks awesome.
(04-22-2018 01:58 PM)tate Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2018 01:37 PM)greekcb Wrote: [ -> ]Whatcha guys think ?

Dude, I Heart it now thinking of doing mine lol never thought about doing that but it looks awesome.

Glad ya like it ! Def a cheap a** mod with a huge impact

That looks great on your bike !!!
Like how it matches the seat piping.
Every so often, I think about doing this but I never get around to it. Looks good. If I do it, I will do it with reflective rim tape.
As usual, your bike looks great.
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I cant believe how the little striping tool leaves everything so darn straight! No wobbles or waves at all. I redid the rear wheel because it was my first attempt and i wasn't happy with how the stripe ends joined at the seam. I did the front rim and it came out great. Got the technique down and the tape joint all good so i said screw it im real picky and i know that rear is gonna bug me. So, i redid it. Took me five minutes. I also used pin-striping from pep boys, USA stuff so it was pretty good quality. The tape i got with the tool/kit was crappy. It didn't stick and would break if I applied enough pressure to the tool. If anyone is looking at doing this i would get the tool even if you have to get the cheapo striping with it, then just get quality striping and you ll be good., Mine is 1/4 inch size BTW. And of course, prep is key. Make sure the wheels are clean and use some alcohol or wax remover to get any residue off the surface where the stripes will go.
Looks great. Good job!
That will look excellent on my bike as well. Which pinstriping tool did you use? Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's