CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Campaign to bring the CB1100 back to Australia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Honda Australia has stopped importing the CB1100 into the country. Forum member Phil Hastie (Phastie) has started a campaign to encourage Honda to reconsider and bring the bike back to Australia once again. I thought this deserved some extra attention, thus this announcement.

Good luck Phil!

Here is the contact info provided by Phil:
Nadiene Stewart
Customer Relations Team
Honda Australia MPE Pty Ltd
Email Customer Relations

See Phastie's thread for more info.
(02-25-2014 07:51 PM)Guth Wrote: [ -> ]Honda Australia has stopped importing the CB1100 into the country. Forum member Phil Hastie (Phastie) has started a campaign to encourage Honda to reconsider and bring the bike back to Australia once again. I thought this deserved some extra attention, thus this announcement.

Good luck Phil!

Here is the contact info provided by Phil:
Nadiene Stewart
Customer Relations Team
Honda Australia MPE Pty Ltd
Email Customer Relations

See Phastie's thread for more info.

Thanks for your support and POST, hopefully it resonatesWinkWink
Unfortunately (and inexplicably! Smile) they didn't sell very well in Australia. This proved a bonanza for those of us who picked one up brand new for a 'fire sale' price. The downside to that is Honda Australia will be very reluctant to get burned again. I should add that stranger things have happened, so I will cross my fingers for you.
Hate to be the bad news person but the chance of this bike coming back for sale in australia is highly improbable (impossible )

The first batch sat in most dealerships for 2 years (mine for over 2 years ) and the only way to clear them was a $2000 bonus to the dealers from Honda so this plus selling them for cost less the 2 grand they found a market .
Having said that at their original price they were way overpriced and not worth the original retail price.
Compared to most countries, transportation costs to Australia should be a bit lower. Can anyone tell us what original retail list prices were in 2010 / 2011 (in US dollars)?
My recollection is that they retailed for around A$15,000. That's just under USD$13,500 at today's exchange rate. I might be wrong, though, about the price. Other Australian members may know.
(02-26-2014 03:09 PM)Cormanus Wrote: [ -> ]My recollection is that they retailed for around A$15,000. That's just under USD$13,500 at today's exchange rate. I might be wrong, though, about the price. Other Australian members may know.

Thats correct the listed retail was just on $15000 i have harrased the honda rep every time he calls here to look at trying the model again
Why so much? Are other bikes costlier in Australia than in the U.S.A. ?
Apparently NZ will not be getting any official 2014 CB1100`s either, this information came whilst talking with Honda NZ this morning.
I paid $14,990 ride away for mine. No regrets.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's