CB1100 Forum

Full Version: CB 1100 in Switzerland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From forum member Henrik

Here you go with some initial information. Like I mentioned, I will contact Honda Switzerland next week to try and get some more info from them. I would like to get the serial numbers imported here if possible, and to clarify the situation for the standard 2014 model because things are not entirely clear on that one. What I indicated below about the black one is what I was told by the Honda shop where I bought mine, but I have not yet seen any myself.

Model Name CB1100A
5 speed
All ABS and CBS
Three colour options:

Black with black side cover

Red with silver side cover

White with silver side cover

Two models available
CB1100SA all ABS (no CBS) in three colors.
6 speed larger gas tank and new dash:

Black

Red

White

CB1100A
Same tank as 2013 but with 6 speed and new dash.
Only available in black, black wheels and engine.
(I haven’t found pictures of the Swiss version, but it looks like below):

Also the CB1100 Dark Racer - Sold through Honda dealers
Limited edition to celebrate the 40 years of Honda in Switzerland. It was based on the 2014 CB1100SA (or EX) model, so also had the 6 speed box, ABS and no CBS.
QD exhaust
Öhlins rear shocks
Clubman handlebar
Alcantara solo seat
No center stand

That dark racer is going to be collectible!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was today at a classic bike hill climb in my "backyard" here in Switzerland (Retro Moto St Cergue). As a friend of mine was racing a CB750 Daytona Replica, I obviously went to see him at the Honda paddock, and again came across this special edition CB1100 proposed in Switzerland:

Last time I showed it, there was a question if this was a proper 2015 model, or a modified 2014. So, I took a picture of the serial number:

I am not familiar with the codes, but I am sure somebody here will be able to determine what model year this is...
(06-20-2015 05:28 AM)Henrik Wrote: [ -> ]Last time I showed it, there was a question if this was a proper 2015 model, or a modified 2014. So, I took a picture of the serial number:

I am not familiar with the codes, but I am sure somebody here will be able to determine what model year this is...

2014: http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/BVINSystem.htm
The 10th digit tells you the year. In this case it's "E" meaning it's a 2014 model. See here.
Thanks guys! Well that resolves the mystery then. Not a proper 2015 model, but a modified 2014!
My goodness that is just a beautiful paint job on that bike Henrik. Jaw dropping beautiful. If the red wasn't so pretty on mine, I could go for that paint job in a heartbeat! Love the matching headlight bucket. Needs RLETs.
I know Ferret!! I am a bit unhappy because if they proposed this last year I would have taken it in a heartbeat! Mind you, they have offered to repaint mine the same way, and I think I might just do it.
Do it, Henrik. It's just lovely.
(06-20-2015 05:39 AM)Cormanus Wrote: [ -> ]Do it, Henrik. It's just lovely.

+1 That is just stunning.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's