CB1100 Forum

Full Version: 2017 Rally when and where?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Ha! Betcha thought a moderator or someone of import would have started this thread, but no, it's just a lowly rider who has been frustrated with his own absence at the two previous rallies and who wants to set it up as a near impossibility that'd he'd miss the next one.

So let's start with where. No! Let's start with when.

Not in May or early June. I have my two spawn graduating from institutes of higher learning next year, one in May and one in early June. I can check the calendar to see if I could squeeze the rally in between ceremonies.

Where?

Arkansas? Colorado? Southwest Wisconsin?

That last one is intriguing. The road in Wisconsin's Driftless Area have curves and elevation changes, but nothing like the other two rally locales. Nevertheless, I know a good motel to use as a base camp and I know there are some wonderful places to see and things to do in the area west of Madison all the way two (and across?) the Mighty Mississippi. I bet Ole, myself, and some others would be willing to "host".

I'd love to get back to Arkansas when it's not pouring and I've never ridden in Colorado. Either place would be awesome, too.

What other places? Anyone?

Let's hear some other ideas and let's get the planning started.
Hey, nothing like getting an early start on things, lol.

Jeez, in the past I couldn't even make it up to Washington to meet up with my fellow forum members to the north. Sad
I've been watching photos from motos in Moab. I'd love to ride that area when it's not 110 degrees out.
Somewhere in the Australian Alps in around March next year would be a good choice. Might not be many CBs, but there'd be some good riding.
(06-04-2016 12:40 AM)Cormanus Wrote: [ -> ]Australian Alps

I thought the Alps were in Europe?
(06-04-2016 02:33 AM)Randy B Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the Alps were in Europe?

They are, but the Australian Alps—second rate hills by comparison—are in Australia.
(06-04-2016 02:35 AM)Cormanus Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2016 02:33 AM)Randy B Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the Alps were in Europe?

They are, but the Australian Alps—second rate hills by comparison—are in Australia.

Well, I guess that makes sense then.

You should have checked out the roads around here when you were in the states, but I get that it would have been impossible. The riding around here is somewhat on the epic side and we, as Bay area moto riders, are very spoiled with that.
Australia would be awesome, but I'm thinking rally attendance moght be limited there, and the official pic would only show 2 or 3 lol. ( I might be up for it though)

I know some great places to ride in Central Kentucky. DItto for some areas just north of here based around Elkins West Virginia. In Wva I know curvy roads 100 miles long. PA also has some excellent riding, as does SE Ohio which even though my home state we based this years Fall Men's Ride out of Marrietta.

My vote would go to West Virginia
Redbirds has suggested the Texas Hill Country...

Mmmm... BBQ! Big Grin
If doing Texas hill country. Best early April with nice weather and the wild flowers in bloom. Could combine with MotoGP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Reference URL's