CB1100 Forum

Full Version: Milestone Thread (Take 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You will see this is post #1 of a thread you recall running to many pages.

You're not mad. It's simply that I've achieved a significant personal milestone in incompetence and forum moderation by deleting an entire thread.

I apologize to Pterodactyl, who started the thread, and to all other forum members who have posted any number of important milestones. Most recently, one member clocked up 100,000 kms on his CB.

I offered to fall on my moderator's sword, or to be extinguished with a Ferret arrow, but I was told to 'fess up to my incompetence and endure what follows.

Sincere apologies to all who posted to this thread.
"First thread deleted entirely by accident". There's a milestone right there! Tongue

Don't beat yourself up, Cormanus. To err is human; to really foul things up requires a computer.

If it makes you feel better, as a young computer operator, I once accidentally deleted an entire day's worth of transactions for a large bank. Blush
(10-13-2016 04:46 PM)Flynrider Wrote: [ -> ]If it makes you feel better, as a young computer operator, I once accidentally deleted an entire day's worth of transactions for a large bank. Blush

Beer Thumbs Up Big Grin

That takes talent right there. lol.

I have deleted a couple of things by accident, but I am just not in your league sir. Tongue
I hate to be the one to ask, but isn't the forum server being backed up periodically? If it is then the thread can be easily restored and if it isn't the entire forum could be lost if the server crashes!
Turned 25,000 miles on my CB1100 about 5 miles outside of Cowen, WV. Riding too fast through the turns to get a picture, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Careful MTC, you'll make Cormanus look bad and he'll "accidentally" delete the thread... Smile
İmage Clap Worship
(10-13-2016 07:02 PM)EmptySea Wrote: [ -> ]Turned 25,000 miles on my CB1100 about 5 miles outside of Cowen, WV. Riding too fast through the turns to get a picture, though.

Congrats MTC! Thumbs Up

Don't worry about the lack of a pic since Pterodactyl's milestone rules are gone now. Big Grin
(10-13-2016 06:29 PM)BestStandard Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to be the one to ask, but isn't the forum server being backed up periodically? If it is then the thread can be easily restored and if it isn't the entire forum could be lost if the server crashes!

BestStandard, these technical matters are in the hands of our leader. From correspondence with him I believe the forum is backed up. He wasn't sure whether he would be able to restore a single thread, but is looking into it. Unlike me, he has a life and will, I'm sure, sort it out and let us know.

Yesterday was a good day. I didn't delete anything I shouldn't have or fall off the bike. Big Grin
turned over this on this afternoon's ride on my 14 DLX on "My road"

Reference URL's