CB1100 Forum
Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Honda CB1100 Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? (/showthread.php?tid=11766)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - ohiorider - 11-09-2017 06:54 PM

I'm thinking a kit to automatically cancel a forgotten turn signal would be useful.

Amazingly, my 1983 Yamaha Virago 750 came from the factory with this accessory. As long as you were sitting still, say, at a red light, the signal would continue to flash. If you were moving, it either did a countdown in time or in distance before the signal would automatically cancel.

The CB1100's dash indicators are quite small, and an auto cancel kit would be welcome (for me, anyway.)

Bob

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - obleo - 11-09-2017 07:49 PM

Google STS turn signal eliminaters , they send me emails about there product . Good luck let us know what you do . Safer turns .com

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - The ferret - 11-09-2017 08:23 PM

Anytime you turn from a stop, hit the button. Anytime you make a 90 degree turn, hit the button, anytime you are pulling into a side street or driveway .... or out of a side street or driveway, hit the button. When changing lanes don't take your thumb off the button, flick hit to go out, flick hit to go in.

Doesn't hurt to hit the button even if the turn signal is not really on.

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - camoto - 11-10-2017 05:05 AM

(11-09-2017 08:23 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Anytime you turn from a stop, hit the button. Anytime you make a 90 degree turn, hit the button, anytime you are pulling into a side street or driveway .... or out of a side street or driveway, hit the button. When changing lanes don't take your thumb off the button, flick hit to go out, flick hit to go in.

LOL! All these years I thought it was my OCD. Apparently it's an actual technique!

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - The A-man - 11-10-2017 05:27 AM

Someone remind me - didn't the early 750s have an audible beeper when the signal was on? That's what I want!

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - paulw - 11-10-2017 05:45 AM

(11-10-2017 05:27 AM)The A-man Wrote:  Someone remind me - didn't the early 750s have an audible beeper when the signal was on? That's what I want!

My '76 Gold Wing had one. Disconnected it as soon as possible.

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - ohiorider - 11-10-2017 05:55 AM

(11-09-2017 07:49 PM)obleo Wrote:  Google STS turn signal eliminaters , they send me emails about there product . Good luck let us know what you do . Safer turns .com
Thanks.

Bob

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - Houtman - 11-10-2017 06:03 AM

(11-09-2017 08:23 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Anytime you turn from a stop, hit the button. Anytime you make a 90 degree turn, hit the button, anytime you are pulling into a side street or driveway .... or out of a side street or driveway, hit the button. When changing lanes don't take your thumb off the button, flick hit to go out, flick hit to go in.

That is the way I use my indicators !

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - cooldrum - 11-10-2017 07:06 AM

Stay engaged when riding and just hit the button. It forces you to think safety... drive defensively... all the time.

RE: Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available? - Django - 11-10-2017 07:37 AM

"Is there a turn signal auto-cancel available?"

Nope. The switch is pure mechanic.