CB1100 Forum
New bicycle training rig - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Other Bikes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: New bicycle training rig (/showthread.php?tid=11788)

Pages: 1 2

New bicycle training rig - nhawk7504 - 11-14-2017 12:01 PM

See if this baby can do some motor pacing. Guy selling it is moving to Quebec. He is from Marseilles via Boston.

[attachment=7147]

RE: New bicycle training rig - The ferret - 11-14-2017 02:01 PM

TMax's are fast...surprisingly so. The shop lent me one for a day while working on my bike one time. Everytime I looked down at the speedometer I was speeding. Sounded good too.

RE: New bicycle training rig - 4 Paws - 11-14-2017 06:25 PM

Don’t judge a book by its cover.
Very long time riding buddy switched to scooters a while back due to health reasons and changed my opinion of them very “quickly”.
During the ( not so) Bland VA rally I had the pleasure of riding with Ole who was on a scooter, I think, at least it looked like one when I caught a glimpse of him. Full disclosure - it was my neighborhood!
Personally I’m lusting for a Bergstrom with a sidecar!

RE: New bicycle training rig - alprider - 11-15-2017 03:35 AM

well 500ccm are 500ccm ! ! ......and the automatic make the rest : no force interruption while accelerating or you must first learn the feeling for speed...with hondas DCT its the same....BUT.... DCT is not only use throttle and break like with on scooter...

RE: New bicycle training rig - The ferret - 11-15-2017 02:34 PM

My only gripes against scooters and DCT bikes is you can't bump start them. Leave key on or battery just dies on it's own and you are flat out stuck where ever you are. I like riding scooters and think I would like riding a DCT, but when the battery died on the Trex the dealer lent me (my fault) I had to put it on a trailer and take it back to the dealer, instead of just bump starting it and riding it back.

RE: New bicycle training rig - nhawk7504 - 11-16-2017 06:53 AM

(11-15-2017 02:34 PM)The ferret Wrote:  My only gripes against scooters and DCT bikes is you can't bump start them. Leave key on or battery just dies on it's own and you are flat out stuck where ever you are. I loke riding scooters and think I would like riding a DCT, but when the battery dies on the Trex the dealer lent me (my fault) I had to put it on a trailer and take it back to the dealer, instead of just bump starting it and riding it back.

I'll have to keep that in mind. Haven't left my key on in my bikes of late. But it's happened to most of us at one time or another. I'll make sure it has a fresh battery in it. Cheap insurance.

RE: New bicycle training rig - 4 Paws - 11-16-2017 07:03 AM

There is a trick method of starting a bike with a dead battery using a simple 9 volt battery. Learned it at a motorcycle rally last summer.

RE: New bicycle training rig - suhawk305 - 11-16-2017 08:21 AM

(11-16-2017 07:03 AM)4 Paws Wrote:  There is a trick method of starting a bike with a dead battery using a simple 9 volt battery. Learned it at a motorcycle rally last summer.

4 Paws, I never heard of this tip. Would you mind expanding on it?

RE: New bicycle training rig - jedd - 12-14-2017 07:43 AM

Yea, I'd like to know how to start a dead battery bike using a 9v battery...

also, if bike battery's dead, how does a FI bike start up by bumping it?
I know this can be done to a carb bike, but don't the FI bike need battery power to initialize the fuel pump to ramp up ample pressure?

RE: New bicycle training rig - Guth - 01-02-2018 08:47 PM

What happened to this thread, how did so many questions go unanswered, lol.