CB1100 Forum
Got hit today - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Honda CB1100 Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Got hit today (/showthread.php?tid=11790)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Got hit today - tuareg - 11-15-2017 02:43 AM

Man, that was the worst news this morning. As I read through the thread(roughly 11 hours after it was posted) things seemed to get relatively better though...
I wish for a speedy recovery, and hope the business with the bike sorts itself out. Get well soon.

RE: Got hit today - alprider - 11-15-2017 03:11 AM

(11-14-2017 04:05 PM)DaSwami Wrote:  the trauma is quite underrated, already have a bad headache. Tomorrow is gonna be fun (not).

hope the best for this

RE: Got hit today - Django - 11-15-2017 03:13 AM

Dang! What a pity!

Wish you get well again soon.

Made the same experience like you recently: You can do what you want, you're never safe out there in the traffic wild.

RE: Got hit today - Houtman - 11-15-2017 04:30 AM

(11-14-2017 10:33 PM)offroadfx4 Wrote:  So sorry to hear about this hope you get well soon.... the bike can be replaced just get better!

I think I read somewhere the other day that being rear-ended on a motorcycle is the new left turn in front of a motorcycle.

I still think if someone would make a small strobe to mount to the top of our helmets like a school bus ....As dumb as it would look I think it would help.
Probably because of drivers looking at their phone or texting , that is the reason I use the longer stem CBX mirrors on my bikes.

RE: Got hit today - nhawk7504 - 11-15-2017 06:34 AM

Heal fast Daswami! I've ridden over by Melbourne, Cocoa, Vero Beach a lot. Always have to park at lights with my left mirror in the middle of who is coming behind me in case I have to scoot up next to the car in front to avoid some fool not stopping behind me. My brother stopped riding in FL. He says there are too many cars now over there on the mid east coast and people are not paying attention more than ever. For me, riding over there was one long assumption that yes, that fool near me is going to be a fool. Rush hour on Route 1 was terrifying. Three lanes. Packed over the speed limit. - The bike can be fixed. I used to flood my top end one way or another crashing dirt bikes back in the day. But a damaged switch short circuit has also caused me some grief.

RE: Got hit today - Bheezy27403 - 11-15-2017 07:01 AM

Hate to hear this. Wishing a speedy recovery.

RE: Got hit today - silverbub - 11-15-2017 01:55 PM

Glad you are able to post & reply!... we are kind of like a "bowling pin" sitting at lights at intersections!... give yourself a few days to better access your injuries & please pay attention to what pain/headaches are trying to tell you!... you are more important than the condition of the bike right now... getting legal advice/representation: wise move... hope all turns out OK for you & sorry you got "tagged"!

RE: Got hit today - obleo - 11-15-2017 02:28 PM

Off road there is a light like you mentioned ,can't remember the brand but it is in the market place.

RE: Got hit today - cooldrum - 11-15-2017 03:45 PM

DaSwami, Our bikes can always be repaired or replaced. Our body parts just take time to mend up. When we go riding, we're always at risk. For some odd reason even when we're in our cars, we "trust" people we don't even know with our lives. Crazy huh?
Take time to get well and regain your strength. When you feel ready, you'll ride again to feel you can still do it despite this incident. God bless you, Russ

RE: Got hit today - Banned - 11-15-2017 04:23 PM

(11-14-2017 10:42 PM)W/R Wrote:  That sucks - glad you are reasonably ok.

I have been a witness to bikes being rear ended twice, once fatally (hit by another biker in front of the Boot Hill Saloon during bike week in Laconia, NH 2013).

I suspect the kind of damage you described would result in a writ off.

Sorry, it was in front of the Broken Spoke, not the Boot Hill.