CB1100 Forum
Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Honda CB1100 Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! (/showthread.php?tid=11898)

Pages: 1 2

Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - 3rdbike - 12-09-2017 12:32 AM

..... or more simply put: YEE-HAW!!

It's official! I can claim full membership privileges now. I am the owner of of VIN 300400!!! 2017 CB1100CAH.Excited

Bright sunny skies and 40-45 degrees this afternoon, I managed 67 miles of varied riding around town, including some careful miles (new tires, cold pavement) on South 14, one of my favorite twisties.

What a big pussycat! I love the linear torque and response from this motor, makes it easy to ride. Love the exhaust note! Even with earplugs inside my Shoei RF1100 I can hear the exhaust up into 70mph before wind noise takes over. What a relief! I don't have to spend $$$ for some aftermarket exhaust.

Seat-to-pegs is perfect, like the narrow, firm seat, but will most likely change handlebars. These put my wrists at the wrong angle. I'll also look for a bit lower bar to lean into.

I got a smokin' deal on the bike, partly because of residual benefit: the salesman, the sales manager and I have all worked together at some m/c shop or another here in town, so on top of them 'getting rid of' a 2017, I got the brother-in-law deal too.

I'm so pleased to find this bike lives up to my expectations, and what Honda expected in designing and building it. I feel like I bought an instant classic.

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - Lord Popgun - 12-09-2017 04:20 AM

Congrats 3rdbike! Pics or it didn’t happen Smile

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - Rocky - 12-09-2017 06:44 AM

Congrats on the purchase Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Your post pretty much sums up how most of us felt when we bought our CB's.
I've had mine since 2014, but it still makes me smile every time I throw a leg over.

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - The ferret - 12-09-2017 07:03 AM

now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Another happy CB owner. Congrats 3rdbike.

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - RockHop - 12-09-2017 08:06 AM

(12-09-2017 12:32 AM)3rdbike Wrote:  I got a smokin' deal on the bike, partly because of residual benefit: the salesman, the sales manager and I have all worked together at some m/c shop or another here in town, so on top of them 'getting rid of' a 2017, I got the brother-in-law deal too.

Congratulations!

Joe and Randy are great guys to work with and I especially like the way they promote test rides.

Enjoy

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - LongRanger - 12-09-2017 09:57 AM

Congrats! Big Pussycat is a great description. I call mine the Velvet Hammer.

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - Rocky - 12-09-2017 10:08 AM

(12-09-2017 09:57 AM)LongRanger Wrote:  Congrats! Big Pussycat is a great description. I call mine the Velvet Hammer.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin I like that Thumbs Up

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - 3rdbike - 12-09-2017 01:10 PM

Thanks, everyone for the congrats and celebrating with me! It pleases me, that even at 50 years of motorcycling, I'm still just as excited about this new bike as I was as a kid!! And maybe that's part of staying young.

LongRanger, you just helped name the bike! I was using that as a description, but you're right, it's a good name for her! Big Pussycat it is!

At popgun's request, here goes a newbie attempt at posting pix:

sorry, didn't work, hafta study up on it.

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - Cormanus - 12-09-2017 02:47 PM

Congratulations indeed, 3rdbike. The ferret

EDIT: I've put the big pussycat on the Forum Register for you.

RE: Yippie-I-O-Ki-Ay!! - 3rdbike - 12-10-2017 11:09 PM

at the dealer....

off S14

Well looky there, I can post pix. (I was trying to use photobucket before, now using imgur)