CB1100 Forum
Greetings, Touring Screen?? - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: New Members (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Greetings, Touring Screen?? (/showthread.php?tid=11946)

Pages: 1 2

Greetings, Touring Screen?? - cas808 - 12-22-2017 09:59 AM

Have just joined this forum having sold my Crosstourer and bought a CB1100RS.
Feels good so far and easier to ride than the Crosstourer though not the same power of course.
I would like to add a touring screen as I tend to ride long distances and am used to being behind a decent screen, aka Crosstourer, Goldwing, GS Adventures.

Does anyone have a suggestion as the Puig one I bought is too small and I cannot find anything in the usual places.Thumbs Up

Thanks. Thumbs Up

RE: Greetings, Touring Screen?? - The ferret - 12-22-2017 01:05 PM

Hello Howdy and welcome to the forum

RE: Greetings, Touring Screen?? - Cormanus - 12-22-2017 01:14 PM

G'day and welcome to the forum, cas808.

You could start your search for screens here. If that's no help, try the forum's search function.

RE: Greetings, Touring Screen?? - Flynrider - 12-22-2017 10:41 PM

Welcome, Cas808!

I have a large shield that I use for touring and winter riding. It provides coverage of the hands as well. I'm not sure of the availability in the U.K., but it's the National Cycle Plexistar 2.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/vehicles/motorcycle-1/honda/hondacb1100/2017hondacb1100/n8332-01.html

Edit : click on the pic to get a bigger version.

RE: Greetings, Touring Screen?? - cas808 - 12-23-2017 08:58 AM

(12-22-2017 10:41 PM)Flynrider Wrote:  Welcome, Cas808!

I have a large shield that I use for touring and winter riding. It provides coverage of the hands as well. I'm not sure of the availability in the U.K., but it's the National Cycle Plexistar 2.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/vehicles/motorcycle-1/honda/hondacb1100/2017hondacb1100/n8332-01.html

Edit : click on the pic to get a bigger version.

Many thanks. The Plexistar 2 looks good. I will try to find one in the UK.

RE: Greetings, Touring Screen?? - Lord Popgun - 12-23-2017 09:30 AM

National Cycle makes a number of models so you may want to check more than just the Plexistar 2 (which IS nice). Some of us have the NC EX. Admittedly the Plexistart 2 has more coverage.

And Welcome Cas808!

Greetings, Touring Screen?? - Ohana71 - 12-23-2017 10:26 AM

Flynrider: it’s great to hear you like the Plexistar 2. Can you speak to higher speed travel (eg. Noise or added vibration) with this screen? I would likely max out about 80, only on occasion with getting out of the way of traffic. Hope to be sure about a windscreen from someone with experience, as yourself. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Greetings, Touring Screen?? - Flynrider - 12-25-2017 10:47 AM

Hey Ohana71,

The Plexi 2 works great for me on the Interstate travelling at 75-80 mph. It's very stable (4-point mount) and provides substantial protection from wind, rain and bugs.

As for noise and vibration, a lot depends on the shield height/angle and the rider's upper body height. At highway speeds, the wind blast from the top of the shield hits around the top of my helmet, which works to minimize noise and buffeting. I suspect someone who sat several inches taller in the seat might have a different experience, as the wind blast would be hitting the front of the helmet around the faceshield (which exacerbates noise and buffeting).

For reference, I'm about 5'8" with a 32" inseam.

RE: Greetings, Touring Screen?? - tate - 12-25-2017 11:49 AM

(12-22-2017 09:59 AM)cas808 Wrote:  Have just joined this forum having sold my Crosstourer and bought a CB1100RS.
Feels good so far and easier to ride than the Crosstourer though not the same power of course.
I would like to add a touring screen as I tend to ride long distances and am used to being behind a decent screen, aka Crosstourer, Goldwing, GS Adventures.

Does anyone have a suggestion as the Puig one I bought is too small and I cannot find anything in the usual places.Thumbs Up

Thanks. Thumbs Up

Welcome to the group and I feel sure some of these guys will head you in the rite direction in a windscreen I'm new here also. Beer

RE: Greetings, Touring Screen?? - venturer434 - 12-26-2017 05:18 AM

Congrats and Welcome to the forum