CB1100 Forum
My XSR900 Education - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Other Bikes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: My XSR900 Education (/showthread.php?tid=12032)

My XSR900 Education - egleaves - 01-10-2018 12:44 PM

I've been doing my homework leading up to the upcoming bike swap I'll be doing with VLJ where he will finally get some seat time on a CB1100 and I will ride a bike that, until last night, I knew nothing about.

First impression...the XSR sounds like a great bike, but its "neo-retro" styling doesn't make it stand out from the crowd enough for me. I think the neo overwhelms the retro. And calling it a 900 is misleading considering it's only 847cc. Why isn't it the XSR850? Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

The XSR is 110 lbs lighter than the CB and despite 25% fewer cc's its HP and torque numbers are the same or higher than those of the CB. I have very little trouble throwing the CB around with my 200 lbs....the XSR has got to be a blast on twisty roads.

ABS and traction control? I have to drive my wife's car to get behind an ABS, and to me traction control is feathering the accelerator until the rear differential stops freaking out. I'm unsure how I feel about these features.

This is going to be fun. Celebrate

RE: My XSR900 Education - Bheezy27403 - 01-10-2018 01:23 PM

I agree with the retro statement. Nothing, save for the round headlight, says retro to me. I think a lot of these companies are using the term to try to squeeze into a hot market.

I would however love to be in your shoes to ride a hopped up version of that bike. We will need a ride report from you as well!

RE: My XSR900 Education - Frulk - 01-10-2018 01:30 PM

Well I’m all in on both these reviews. Looking forward to them. Insert popcorn eating emoji HERE!

RE: My XSR900 Education - johnf514 - 01-10-2018 02:32 PM

Can't wait to hear both perspectives! I wavered for a while on selling the CB for motogeezers' XSR when it was for sale. And again when the new owner sold it. And I was glad I didn't. Smile

RE: My XSR900 Education - peterbaron - 01-10-2018 05:03 PM

I respect everybody's opinion...most of the time....you have/own what you like....and can afford...
Perhaps other bikes will be lighter, more powerful ..and have more electric gizmos ++++++++....fine with me....

BUT NO matter what, until I am alive, I do not think that there will be more beautiful bike then CB1100... and the nicest were, sorry ARE: 2013 & 2014 in Canada (OEM, no mickey-mouse visual modifications) = I am keeping mine for sure....and what else I may get ??..I let you know, when it happens...

Cheers to all members & The ferret

pb