CB1100 Forum
Greetings from Littlerock, WA - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: New Members (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Greetings from Littlerock, WA (/showthread.php?tid=12267)

Pages: 1 2 3

Greetings from Littlerock, WA - Perry - 03-06-2018 10:20 PM

I picked up a sweet 2014 CB1100 over the weekend! I've had my eyes on this one for a while and finally decided now was the time.

It joins a stable of a couple other CBs - 2 1980 CB750 Customs

99% stock restoration on a bike I've owned since 1980

And another that I wanted to have a little fun with.

I'm really excited to be here with the CB1100s, I've wanted one of these since they came out! I'm looking forward to learning about what I've got. I know I'm going to need advice on a seat and exhaust. I already snagged a windshield from Flytech99.

One little problem..... I can't ride yet. I had shoulder surgery earlier this winter and I still have a couple weeks of recovery time. At least according to the Dr. I don't know if I can wait that long, however. Its supposed to be a beautiful weekend. Wink

Happy to be here!

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - Olyrider - 03-06-2018 10:42 PM

Yes it IS supposed to be a beautiful weekend! Great weather to be riding Independence Valley and out towards Raymond.

I'm just up the road in Steilacoom. It was certainly gorgeous today! Rode my 2013 for a couple of hours on the peninsula.

You will get a ton more information here than from South Sound Honda. I know them well since Dale is my favorite riding buddy and I buy my parts from Mike and Alan. But they don't know a darn thing about our CBs. ;-)

They sold very few, and nobody there has ever ridden one as far as I know. Literally no one. And I wouldn't believe them if they say they have. I worked at the South Bound store in Lakewood. My bike was purchased by me from the widow of a customer who sadly passed away a year after buying his retirement bike. So sad. All of the changes, mods, and accessories on my bike came courtesy of forum members here.

Welcome to the fun!

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - Blockhead - 03-07-2018 04:03 AM

Hello Perry and welcome to the forum. Hello

Great looking bikes, congratulations! Nice garage too...

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - The ferret - 03-07-2018 05:30 AM

Hello Howdy and welcome to the forum. Beautiful CB750C, and of course beautiful CB1100. Congrats

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - Rocky - 03-07-2018 05:36 AM

Hello and welcome from the "far east" of Canada. Great looking bikes Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - tate - 03-07-2018 05:38 AM

Welcome to the forum and nice to meet you Perry.Beer

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - Bheezy27403 - 03-07-2018 06:23 AM

Welcome Perry! Beer
A little more about the "custom" Custom please?

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - suhawk305 - 03-07-2018 07:47 AM

Beautiful collection on CBs, the new with the old! Welcome Perry!

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - Perry - 03-07-2018 08:11 AM

Thanks, all!

OlyRider - yours was one of the first names I picked up on here - its nice to know I won't be alone! I bought my '06 VTX from South Sound Honda, and I like those guys a lot. Mike's great with parts info. My stock CB750C came from Capitol Honda when they were on Black Lake Blvd.

Bheezy - I've owned my stock CB750C since it was new. My wife and I took it on our honeymoon in 1981. We're still married and still ride together. The "custom" CB750 Custom I picked up for $600 in 2013, and decided I wanted to do something more creative after doing the stock restoration. I did all the work myself (with some help from my son on the restoration) learning everything from the internet! There's a great DOHC CB forum that helped me work my way through everything. I'm starting a third CB750 build with all the parts from the parts bike and motors I bought. This will be a track bike to take to our local track and have some high speed fun without worrying about getting pulled over!

If you can't tell, I love the Honda CBs which is why I'm really excited about getting to know the CB1100.

RE: Greetings from Littlerock, WA - Bheezy27403 - 03-07-2018 09:12 AM

I think you will find the your new CB a hoot. It took me a little time to warm up to her but it's a solid ride.

Maybe in the "Other Bikes" thread you can add some photos of your 750's? I would like to see some more of them.

Thanks and welcome again!