CB1100 Forum
Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds (/showthread.php?tid=5598)

Pages: 1 2

Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - Guth - 04-23-2015 11:56 PM

Hi All,

After talking things over with The ferret, some changes have been made to the classifieds section.

It is permissible to advertise bikes other than the CB1100 and other goods that pertain to motorcycling. But only motorcycles or motorcycling related items are allowed, no exceptions.

Only members with a minimum of 25 posts and who have been registered for at least 2 weeks will be allowed to post items to sell, purchase or trade.

The classifieds were put in place as a benefit to members (only members can view the classifieds). If you decide to make use of this section and post an ad, please let a moderator (The ferret or myself) know when an item has sold or been obtained so that we can remove your thread (ad). I realize that it's easy to overlook this, but it would really help cut down on the clutter.

Going forward, ads that are older than 60 days will be removed.

Full rules for the classifieds are posted in that section.

I think that covers it.

Thanks,
Guth

RE: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - HikerToo - 04-24-2015 05:24 AM

sounds fair, thanks.

RE: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - Rocky - 04-24-2015 06:40 AM

Sounds good to me Thumbs Up

RE: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - The ferret - 04-24-2015 07:28 AM

I felt the changes were necessitated by the growth in membership. We have a lot more people using the classifieds now than we did when we were just a fledgling forum. I actually don't go to the classifieds much but when asked about a rule the other day I had to go re-read them and saw that there were 11 pages of ads dating back to June of 2013. That's almost 2 years.... hence the new 60 day limit on ads. If it hasn't sold in two months, it's probably not going to. This will hopefully also lessen those " is this item still available" posts on ads that are real old. Another thing I noticed is some people have joined for the sole reason of advertising something for sale. I thought this was wrong for several reasons, hence the new 25 post and two week limit before placing an ad. We want the members to at least have some kind of feel for who they are dealing with.

The classifieds are for the benefit of our forum members, and not the public at large. Placing an ad is free, there are no commissions to the site, all we ask is that the items you place for sale or trade or want, be CB 1100 or at least motorcycle gear/items related, in keeping with the spirit of the site, and let us know when we can take the ad down. Pretty reasonable requests I would think.

I will be cleaning out the older stuff starting today.

RE: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - ClassicVW - 04-24-2015 02:46 PM

50 posts? I don't know about 'most forums' requiring that many. Sounds higher than I'm used to seeing.

I agree with the guys that the 25 posts requirement is most likely enough to stop a new member from joining just to drop a couple ads and run. And anyway, we can protect ourselves by exercising due caution in considering buying from newcomers.

RE: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - EmptySea - 04-24-2015 04:27 PM

It all sounds good to me. Thanks Ferret and Guthrie for staying on top of this sort of stuff.

RE: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - Teamwalker - 04-24-2015 06:36 PM

Sounds very fair to me. Thanks for your efforts.

Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - Elipten - 04-24-2015 08:57 PM

Reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - Redbird - 04-25-2015 10:00 PM

:)Ok guys, I'm posting this 1) because it sounds reasonable and 2) to increase my post count so I can get to 25.Smile

RE: Changes to the Sell/Buy/Trade Classifieds - Randy B - 04-26-2015 01:24 AM

Still gotta wait two weeks. Wink