CB1100 Forum
Signature Line - Printable Version

+- CB1100 Forum (http://cb1100forum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Signature Line (/showthread.php?tid=7206)

Pages: 1 2 3

Signature Line - Guth - 10-25-2015 09:13 AM

Just a quick note to let you all know that Signature Lines are now enabled for members after they've been registered for at least one week and have made at least 10 posts.

If you are finding that this is not the case, you might need to log out of the forum and then log back in (please make sure that you can recall your password before doing so).

RE: Signature Line - Nemo - 10-25-2015 09:43 AM

Thank you, Mr. Guth!
Thumbs Up

RE: Signature Line - Hiram E. Varona - 10-26-2015 08:36 PM

(10-25-2015 09:13 AM)Guth Wrote:  Just a quick note to let you all know that Signature Lines are now enabled for members after they've been registered for at least one week and have made at least 10 posts.

If you are finding that this is not the case, you might need to log out of the forum and then log back in (please make sure that you can recall your password before doing so).

Well, it was good while it lasted. I will have to find someone that will explain what a "signature line" is. And again, I'm foiled by that dreaded password! How come I haven't had to use one up till now? And if I'm never able to get in here again, What's a thread? I'm assuming it has nothing to do with sewing....

RE: Signature Line - EmptySea - 10-26-2015 08:58 PM

The site will generally remember your password, Hiram, unless you physically log off. You needed a password when you registered on the site and if you've logged off or if you've made a change to your internet settings, you may be prompted for it again. If you can't recall it, there's a way to reset or retrieve it.

You don't need the signature line at all and, based on your evolving technology skills, I would suggest that you not worry about it.

RE: Signature Line - metallyguitarded - 10-26-2015 10:06 PM

I continue to have faith in Hiram even though I have my doubts that he'll find this thread again. Hiram, if you're reading this, congratulations! I suggest you start with a signature line that is easy to remember. Something like, "What the heck does that mean?" "How is that humanly possible?" Or, "My granddaughter wrote this for me."

RE: Signature Line - Guth - 10-26-2015 11:18 PM

I'm guessing everything will work out okay.

If not, there are is an ironic flip side:
Less time on the forum = more time for riding.

(Just the same, I'm hoping that Hiram is still here on board with us.)

RE: Signature Line - Lord Popgun - 10-27-2015 04:16 AM

I had to relog in the other day for the first time since the forum come on-line. In my case I think maybe the cookie got deleted.

Hiram, the sig line is that stuff you see at the bottom of people's posts. Look at Guth's post above and his sig line is the "28 degrees in my garage..." line.

Mine is the "if you come to a fork in the road, take it"

Some members don't have one, some change it every now and then.

RE: Signature Line - Cormanus - 10-27-2015 04:34 AM

(10-26-2015 10:06 PM)metallyguitarded Wrote:  I continue to have faith in Hiram even though I have my doubts that he'll find this thread again. Hiram, if you're reading this, congratulations! I suggest you start with a signature line that is easy to remember. Something like, "What the heck does that mean?" "How is that humanly possible?" Or, "My granddaughter wrote this for me."

Do you know what, MG, I wonder if you're right. I'm beginning to have just the faintest stirrings of doubt about our friend Hiram. Methinks he doth protest too much. Someone said that before. It wasn't me. Let me offer some (circumstantial) evidence:

1. Whenever there's a post that involves technology (for example, see the earlier post in this thread) up pops Hiram. He's always defeated by technology and he pretty nearly always gets a laugh. Never mind that he always seems to be able to log onto this forum when he wants.

2. I recently posted another tutorial on posting pictures on this forum. I was responding to a new member's cry of frustration. See here.

3. Lo and behold, within moments, here's Hiram with this post:

(10-24-2015 08:57 PM)Hiram E. Varona Wrote:  I have tried and tried to follow the instructions for using "photobucket". I find that:

1.) He speaks too fast.
2.) He uses language that assumes familiarity.
3.) The places were one must enter in order to use photobucket, are harder to find than the instructions themselves.
4.)As you follow along you realize that he has left you behind.
5.)No attempt is made to explain what a "right click" or a "right click" is! (Don't worry someone explained it and boy did I feel stupid!)
6.)The printing is very small and when I strain to see were he is going, I still don't know were it is, and he's moved on to bigger and better things.
7.) When I finally get to were I'm supposed to be getting there is either and address, or a number I'm suppose to know but I can't recall what it is, so after about 20 minutes of chasing my proverbial tail I begin to cry and just give up.

Other than what I've mentioned here it is perfectly easy to use. Oh, and the only thing harder than these easy to follow steps, are the directions many people give in order to prove that it's really simple!

Oh I forgot. How do I put paste on a computer? And were do I buy it?

I keep forgetting to ask this. Just how many times must I sign up to photobucket? Whenever I go there I sign up and in the end of all those question they tell me "I already have an account!" But sometimes I just go round and round filling my name over and over again and racking my brain as to what my 'PASSWORD" is. And by the way, why do I need a password? When I worked for the airlines I would need a new one every 30 days (from something called "IT") because I could never remember the darn thing. I guess photobucket thinks I'm still working for the airlines. Folks I'm telling you it's not easy at all!

4. Seems a bit sus to me. He carefully avoided my post and refers to the video Ferret posted at the top of the thread—a term our Hiram also suddenly doesn't understand. Neat, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and invited him to send me a personal message if he wants more help.

5. Silence.

6. Check this bit out:

(10-24-2015 08:57 PM)Hiram E. Varona Wrote:  ... why do I need a password? When I worked for the airlines I would need a new one every 30 days (from something called "IT") because I could never remember the darn thing.

Hiram's worked with computers lots. IT regularly asked him for another one. He's probably not 'fessing up to the fact that he flies A380s in his spare time and writes computer simulations for them.when he's not riding his CB.

7. This one's the clincher for me. In spite of Hiram's endlessly repeated statements about his incapacity to post a photo, all of a sudden back in May he saw the opportunity to establish his reputation as a klutz and launches this thread with this picture direct from Photobucket:

8. It's an aside, I know, but this is the picture he forgot to post:

9. There's this one too—nice bike by the way:

I still get a giggle out of them.

10. There's a movie, too, but Hiram can share that when he overcomes his shyness.

11. In summary, Hiram, it's possible I'm doing you a great injustice and you really are what you say. If so, accept my heartfelt apology. I mean no harm. But I think not. I think you're having a lend of us (as we say in the antipodes). Of course I may never know because, if you're really good, you'll keep going. That could be very funny.

Either way, thanks.

RE: Signature Line - Inhouse Bob - 10-27-2015 06:16 AM

I Heart Hiram

RE: Signature Line - Hiram E. Varona - 10-27-2015 07:40 PM

(10-27-2015 06:16 AM)Inhouse Bob Wrote:  I Heart Hiram

Alas ! The jig is up! But just to be fair. Out of 30 some odd years in the airlines I only dealt with computers from 2011 and it was usually begging others to help me. The pictures of my bike were posted by my daughter. I've tried duplicating her steps (written down) and still could not put up pictures. And I really appreciate your offer for help, but first I have to know just what it is I'm asking for. And if I could reach you in private, I would have but don't know how to do that either. For the past 5 years of my working career I've been passing myself off for what I'm not. And yes, I've actually had to turn power off on board a loaded Airbus so as to "re-boot", but it was not something I did with the same pride that I did my other tasks.