Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2017 CB1100 coming to Australia ? Honda response
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
RE: 2017 CB1100 coming to Australia ? Honda response
It does, although there's also enough road to keep us CB1100 owners amused. I suspect the problem for Honda Australia is the same as it was for Honda US. The CB1100 was not a big seller and they won't import it again unless fashions change dramatically.
08-07-2017 07:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hondahawkrider Offline
Running Like a Top

Maryland
(08-07-2017 07:19 AM)Cormanus Wrote:  It does, although there's also enough road to keep us CB1100 owners amused. I suspect the problem for Honda Australia is the same as it was for Honda US. The CB1100 was not a big seller and they won't import it again unless fashions change dramatically.

Yep.

I was actually surprised that the ex is stateside. In talking to bud who sells em. He said that the combo of Honda being a standard, low seat height, and retro looking hit enough marks to bring it.

In the US when a model hits the showroom floor, by law Honda it's gotta pass certain standards ($ testing) and they have to store parts for 7 years. It's actually one of the reasons so many honda's share stuff like mm9 oil filters, etc. Since the ex had new bits, but as it's listed as the same bike means it's covered under the initial testing and not a new bike so it just a matter to ship it or not.

The US also has a bit of a cult cafe following. I did one outta a cb550 a number of years ago, as the bike itself was cheap.. Older cb500/550/750 have been steadily going up in price here.. Instead of a $500-700 running bike to start, it's now $2k.. If you start figuring on extra parts it can add up.. You see nice older cb cafes going for what you could by a nice used newer cb1100.. Honda wants to have a bike that folks may want to customize later on to keep the reliability factor going forward..

No offense to the cb750 nighthawk, which is a solid bike, but you don't see many folks customizing em.

[u]'13 cb1100[/u] came with black grab rails, headlight & side covers, hagofuku front/rear fenders, and cats eye blinkers.[u]Added by me[/u]: Staintune Slip-on, Moriwaki sliders, Sport Trunk Seat, Lucas black taillight
08-07-2017 12:27 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Interesting Hondahawkrider. An important difference between the US and Australian markets is the number of potential customers. 323 million v. 24 million makes a difference to whether it's worth importing something.
08-08-2017 01:20 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM
The Cormanus Chronicles: Remembering Jake an...
I’m sure contemporary rollers have som . . .Cormanus — 02:53 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,751

Full Statistics

>