Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wish I was on CB1100 on the Dragon!!!!
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
RE: Wish I was on CB1100 on the Dragon!!!!
The point of the Yellow Wolf video post was to show that a Goldwing is "surprisingly nimble" and definitely not to condone riding that road in that manner.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 11:52 AM by The ferret.)
02-14-2018 10:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Indeed, Sea knows what it was meant to show. Merely that the Goldwing is capable of surprising agility, and can account itself quite well on a sporting ride. I merely pulled a video off of youtube since I didn't see any videos of a Goldwing on a race track.

Just to be clear, I don't condone or approve of riding like that on public roads (although I suspect some see no problem with it)

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
02-14-2018 11:51 AM
VLJ Offline
High Mileage

California
mickey Wrote:Just to be clear, I don't condone or approve of riding like that on public roads (although I suspect some see no problem with it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lPJ9J-6vDw
02-14-2018 12:01 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
remember VLJ I'm the low rpm smell the roses look at the scenery kinda guy nobody wants to ride like Wink

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 12:05 PM by The ferret.)
02-14-2018 12:04 PM
VLJ Offline
High Mileage

California
Balderdash.

Big Grin
02-14-2018 12:09 PM
use2b Offline
High Mileage

Perdido Key Florida
(02-14-2018 12:04 PM)The ferret Wrote:  remember VLJ I'm the low rpm smell the roses look at the scenery kinda guy nobody wants to ride like Wink

not nobody , I scared myself straight and lost a lot of friends on the way

The best part about growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old.
former owner of the baddest 2013 CB1100 ever ;] now a plush ride -2014 Goldwing Valkyrie GL1800C
02-14-2018 12:41 PM
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
(02-14-2018 12:41 PM)use2b Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 12:04 PM)The ferret Wrote:  remember VLJ I'm the low rpm smell the roses look at the scenery kinda guy nobody wants to ride like Wink

not nobody , I scared myself straight and lost a lot of friends on the way
Tell you what, so did I. Lost riding buddies, on scene at way too many helicopter evacuations.

I posted some video of myself on my GSX-R 750 on the racetrack, that's where the speed belongs. I took them down a long time ago. A double-standard, to my thinking. Yellow Snow's video is about the most heinous example of dumb riding I've ever seen. And I've seen a heck of a lot of riders and riding.

This whole "Dragon" thing is a bad scene. I got over that stuff a long time ago. I do NOT ride like that on the street.
02-14-2018 12:45 PM
VLJ Offline
High Mileage

California
Compared to what the guys I used to ride with did to each other on Mosquito Ridge and on the freeway, Yellow Snow's video is like an MSF Safety Training Course. These guys actually tried to shove each other off onto the shoulder while racing up there, and they were literally racing, on slicks-shod, track-prepped GSX-R1000s. They weren't just riding fast. They were flat-out racing, Isle of Man style, doing 150 mph through the alpine section of Mosquito Ridge, except these maniacs would do things like reach out and hit each other's kill switches, mid-corner.

They were also professional racers, and one was a professional stunt rider, as well. They could get away with it.

They buried a few of their friends, though, and I never did engage in any of their crap. For one thing, I wasn't good enough, plus I was never ballsy and/or stupid enough. I did have to bury my best friend, but we weren't riding anywhere near as crazily as those guys rode. Rather, he had a diabetic seizure which made him run wide and clamp down so hard on the brakes that he stoppied himself right into the grill of an oncoming river-rafting bus.

These days, I'm fairly worthless as a rider. I've lost the vast majority of my aggression.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 01:10 PM by VLJ.)
02-14-2018 01:07 PM
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
(02-14-2018 01:07 PM)VLJ Wrote:  Compared to what the guys I used to ride with did to each other on Mosquito Ridge and on the freeway, Yellow Snow's video is like an MSF Safety Training Course. These guys actually tried to shove each other off onto the shoulder while racing up there, and they were literally racing, on slicks-shod, track-prepped GSX-R1000s. They weren't just riding fast. They were flat-out racing, Isle of Man style, doing 150 mph through the alpine section of Mosquito Ridge, except these maniacs would do things like reach out and hit each other's kill switches, mid-corner.

They were also professional racers, and one was a professional stunt rider, as well. They could get away with it.

They buried a few of their friends, though, and I never did engage in any of their crap. For one thing, I wasn't good enough, plus I was never ballsy and/or stupid enough. I did have to bury my best friend, but we weren't riding anywhere near as crazily as those guys rode. Rather, he had a diabetic seizure which made him run wide and clamp down so hard on the brakes that he stoppied himself right into the grill of an oncoming river-rafting bus.

These days, I'm fairly worthless as a rider. I've lost the vast majority of my aggression.
I've ridden with and known plenty of guys who were supposedly great riders, racers, who thought they could get away with it.

Many are dead now. Because that stupid stuff does catch up with them.

I think a lot of riders believe that certain other riders just have some kind of magical skill that lets them ride idiotically.

I used to believe that myself, until we started scraping people off the pavement.

It was always the guy out front, the fastest guy, who bought it. Almost always anyway. Three of them come to mind right now.

No one can ride like that all the time and not have it eventually get them. Maybe not today, but someday, because the odds are not in their favor at all.

I cannot think of a single so-called "fast guy" on the street that has not had a serious or fatal accident over the last 35 years. Not one.

Speaking of racers, I have known, and worked closely with, racers at every level, from Formula One (now MotoGP) World Champions (three of these gents, with ten championships between them), AMA Pro Racing Champions (several), to club-level champions.

None of these had any special incantations to prevent them falling.

I would say ALL "racers" (any moron who managed to get a racing license with some club) who do this on the street are lousy racers and not very good people. That's been my experience.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 03:02 PM by Ulvetanna.)
02-14-2018 02:58 PM
Acrobat Offline
1st Service Completed

Chios, Greece
If you travel through Greek roads ( national and country ) , you'll notice every now and then small miniature churches on the side of the roads. In them are a photo and a candle. I've seen mothers of my friends collecting their sons shoes from the asphalt in absolute despair.

We've been there , done stupid things , we are VERY lucky to survive.

Who needs aggression VLJ , if you have Monica nothing can spoil your happiness . I said that before : This is the Monica effect..nothing to prove..

She is like a shield that protect you from evil and makes you a better person.Rolleyes
02-14-2018 02:59 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Brake Pads... Simplified
I bought all my pads from my Honda deale . . .peterbaron — 12:21 AM
Brake Pads... Simplified
i think those come from the same fac . . .Yata-Garasu — 10:28 PM
ALERT: A tired and weary forum.