Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wish I was on CB1100 on the Dragon!!!!
VLJ Offline
High Mileage

California
RE: Wish I was on CB1100 on the Dragon!!!!
EmptySea, forum threads go off on tangents. Always have, always will. I think you and everyone else here are all sharp enough to sort it out without getting bent out of shape about it.
02-14-2018 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rotor Offline
Running Like a Top

Western Canada
where the courage meets stupidity
(02-14-2018 02:58 PM)Ulvetanna Wrote:  No one can ride like that all the time and not have it eventually get them. Maybe not today, but someday, because the odds are not in their favor at all.
Trying to convince young man seeking the point of singularity where the courage meets stupidity not to do so did not work, does not work and will not work. What we, that have seen some of the by-products of such endeavours should do instead, is to gently steer their search to such venues where there are no innocent bystanders and no spectators.

("No spectators" part is a whole different discussion, which I will table for now...)
02-14-2018 05:20 PM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
(02-14-2018 05:14 PM)VLJ Wrote:  EmptySea, forum threads go off on tangents. Always have, always will. I think you and everyone else here are all sharp enough to sort it out without getting bent out of shape about it.

Yep. I know that threads go off topic. I’m not bent out of shape that this one veered, in fact. I just thought that it was more polite than telling Ulvetanna that......................... Long paragraph deleted in further deference to politeness........

Also, “take your needles to another thread” was pretty clever, if I do say so myself. Lol

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
02-14-2018 05:40 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
I suppose this is my fault by posting the video of Yellow Wolf, the intention of which was obviously misunderstood. I apologise.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 05:55 PM by The ferret.)
02-14-2018 05:54 PM
VLJ Offline
High Mileage

California
EmptySea Wrote:Also, “take your needles to another thread” was pretty clever, if I do say so myself. Lol

Doh! Can't believe I missed that!

02-14-2018 06:14 PM
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
(02-14-2018 05:54 PM)The ferret Wrote:  I suppose this is my fault by posting the video of Yellow Wolf, the intention of which was obviously misunderstood. I apologise.

I don't see any need for apology. It is interesting, I imagine, for less experienced motorcyclists to find that a "mastodon" like the Gold Wing can be ridden very quickly. But there were other features of that video, like the shockingly irresponsible way the guy was riding, that were bound to attract attention.

I don't call it thread drift at all. The thread was about riding the Dragon on any bike. So why not discuss something that's obviously way over the top?

I should think that any thread is just an opening for further conversation. Unless the posts begin to become completely outlandish or are in clear violation of the terms of the forum, why not just let the thread go along in affable fashion?

At any rate, a discussion of safe, skilled, responsible riding is always in order.

(02-14-2018 05:20 PM)rotor Wrote:  Trying to convince young man seeking the point of singularity where the courage meets stupidity not to do so did not work, does not work and will not work. What we, that have seen some of the by-products of such endeavours should do instead, is to gently steer their search to such venues where there are no innocent bystanders and no spectators.

I think rotor is saying, "Take that crap to the track."

(02-14-2018 05:14 PM)VLJ Wrote:  EmptySea, forum threads go off on tangents. Always have, always will. I think you and everyone else here are all sharp enough to sort it out without getting bent out of shape about it.

Oh, you are so very clever...

"sharp enough"

"sort it out"

"bent out of shape"

I salute you, sir.

I do ask, was any of that deliberate, or are you yourself surprised you used those references? Because I find myself often making puns or using analogies/metaphors/similes intuitively and later on realising what I did.

(02-14-2018 05:40 PM)EmptySea Wrote:  Yep. I know that threads go off topic. I’m not bent out of shape that this one veered, in fact. I just thought that it was more polite than telling Ulvetanna that...

You are a gentleman, sir. A tip of the hat to you.

However, I think the thread would have been much more interesting had you told said Ulvetanna where he could, er, what he could do with his, umm...$#@!&%$# opinions. Beer

(02-14-2018 05:40 PM)EmptySea Wrote:  Also, “take your needles to another thread” was pretty clever, if I do say so myself. Lol

I agree, that was pretty good. I raise a glass to you, sir. Single malt, isn't it?
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 07:07 PM by Ulvetanna.)
02-14-2018 06:54 PM
VLJ Offline
High Mileage

California
An Ulvetanna post with no actual text, just a modification?

(Edit: Oops, spoke too soon. Now the text is there. Hey, I should do the same thing now! I should modify this post, deleting everything, leaving only the time-stamped 'post modified by VLJ' blurb.)
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 07:12 PM by VLJ.)
02-14-2018 07:10 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
Is that John Wick? (Keanu Reeves... Who actually has his own motorcycle company?)

His company's name is ARCH motorcycles, and actually builds a pretty good looking V twin motorcycle, however the price is for the higher end enthusiast.. Twice what a Motus costs.

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 07:30 PM by The ferret.)
02-14-2018 07:16 PM
VLJ Offline
High Mileage

California
Yep, that's Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure-era John Wick...errr... Keanu Reeves.

Big fan of MotoGP.
02-14-2018 07:18 PM
Banned Offline
Banned

earth
(02-14-2018 07:16 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Is that John Wick? (Keanu Reeves... Who actually has his own motorcycle company?)

His company's name is ARCH motorcycles, and actually builds a pretty good looking V twin motorcycle, however the price is for the higher end enthusiast.. Twice what a Motus costs.

He builds very cool bikes. Very industrial looking but clean at the same time. They are like works of art to me.

I don't think we can get them in Canada, not that it matters as they are out of my price range.
02-14-2018 08:32 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 . . .misterprofessionality — 04:31 AM
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 mod . . .m in sc — 03:32 AM