Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4 of 2017
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
4 of 2017
For some time now I've been trying to catch up with forum member Tezza. It never quite works out. After yet another failed attempt last week, he sent me a text saying he was going to an event organised by the Queensland Vintage Motor Cycle Club at the Red Cedar Park. The Red Cedar Park is on the other side of Mounts Nebo and Glorious which means there's a most enjoyable ride to be had to get there.

Tezza told me where he'd be at 0630 and I inscribed it in my diary and invited GrahamT as well. He had domestic responsibilities and was unable to make it, so I made a sacrifice for him the day before and braved the heat to go for a ride with him.

Link to Map. I rode anti-clockwise around the route

Even before 0630 I was at the nominated meeting place. There was a school of squid and another older bloke on a Bonneville, but no Tezza. Because he has a collection of bikes and because it was a Vintage Motor Cycle Club shindig, I wasn't expecting the CB1100, but there were no old bikes either until a chap arrived on one of those 500cc V-Twin Hondas.

He filled up with fuel and, like me, stood about playing with his phone.

After a time, he said: "Are you waiting for the Vintage Motor Cycle people?"

"Yes. A bloke called Tezza."

We exchanged names.

"I know Tezza. I'll give hime a ring." He did so and got no answer. "Mmm. He's either asleep or in the shower or riding."

"I'm not sure," I said, "every time there's a vague plan to meet, it doesn't happen. I'm beginning to wonder whether he even exists."

He explained that 0630 at the meeting place meant people started shambling in about then and the group generally left 30 minutes or so afterwards.

So, just after 0700 and a couple of ancient looking bikes chugging past, we gave up and set out for Red Cedar.

As it turned out we followed two elderly bikes through the often dense mist and round all the corners all the way to White Cedar. Red Cedar was closed and White Cedar's about 100 metres back up the road, so it wasn't a problem. They made cracking good time and I would have been quite happy following them on any occasion.

When we arrived there were plenty of bikes.

I wondered around, got a cup of tea and was standing about the place looking for something to eat when my new friend came over to me and said, "Tezza's here. He came a different way."

He took me over and introduced me.

Tezza does indeed exist and had ridden his Yamaha 250.

There were many other excellent bikes to be seen and I have an enormous number of photos of them, but I'll post them in another thread some time.

After a good long chat with Tezza and a look at the bikes, I climbed about the CB and set out. It wasn't until I actually turned right out of the car park that I decided to go home a different way.

I followed some bloke I don't know along the Wivenhoe-Somerset Rd.

Ticked off another milestone.

I took scenic detours over Pine Mountain and Mount Crosby and made it home for late morning coffee.

And before the rain (of which there was not enough) started.
01-14-2017 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tezza Offline
1st Service Completed

Queensland Australia
RE: 4 of 2017
I came home the same way but I must have been ahead of you. There was a black CB still in the car park when I left. I stopped at Fernvale for a chat with the Honda CB750 guys but quickly broke out into a sweat and needed to get some wind back in the jacket. The little Yammie ran well except for a nasty vibration starting at 4000 rpm. It turned out to be a front indicator which had dislodged its internals and was vibrating against the lens. Nothing that a dose of silicone sealer wont fix.
01-14-2017 11:29 PM
Django Online
Road Warrior

Germany
Ich wonder about that 250 Yammi with the chain at the right side and the k at the left?

Gesendet von meinem MotoG3 mit Tapatalk

73 Django -- [url=http://www.ironbutt.com]IBA[/url] #59882 -- [url=https://djangotours.wordpress.com]Django Tours[/url] -- [url=http://1asw.de/~rsz/bilder/ES-I64/15-34-0832.jpg]Django on CB1100[/url]
This message was signaled with a flashlight into the end of a fiber.
01-15-2017 02:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tezza Offline
1st Service Completed

Queensland Australia
Rear end is definitely a bit weird. They had to run the rear brake cable all the way across the frame to the left side. Kick start i don't mind because all my Suzukis are left kick start as well.
01-15-2017 03:55 AM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
That's a curious thing. I have no memory of my Suzuki 250 having a left hand kick start. But it's a lifetime ago.

That was me in the car park. I saw you at the pie shop as I rode past.
01-15-2017 04:51 AM
curlyjoe Offline
High Mileage

Massachusetts
That CX500 is in perfect shape! A "honda guzzi". Smile

2013 CB1100 ABS
2008 ST1300
01-16-2017 02:45 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
It's not in mint condition, but it goes well. The pipes are from a Triumph and then indicators aren't original. But the guy uses it as his commuter.
01-16-2017 03:43 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
2024 East Coast Rally - Official Thread
Good afternoon all, Well, the East . . .TooSlo — 09:15 AM
The OEM rack "How To" thread doesn't match t...
Reviving a necro thread, 'cause there' . . .TooSlo — 09:06 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
Tube tires are well used on the Africa T . . .GoldOxide — 08:27 AM
I literally, yesterday, put on a T32. br . . .m in sc — 07:52 AM
2021 Guzzi V7 Special
TooSlo, you really dig in this forum t . . .TooSlo — 07:17 AM
might be technically fine, but IMHO th . . .TooSlo — 07:14 AM
Milestone Thread (Take 2)
Go Django! Interesting it doesn’t sa . . .Django — 11:40 PM
Sundays with Cheryl