Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motorcycle Rental Insurance Alternatives
Jordisons Offline
New To The Forum

America
RE: Motorcycle Rental Insurance Alternatives
I do not understand why you want to rent a motorbike if you do not want to pay money for insurance, as insurance is a must-have for any car rentals and moto rentals. Maybe there is a rental with cheaper insurance but it does not matter if you have money for the rental you need to consider that insurance will be expensive as well. I did rent a motorbike from https://narscars.com.ua/en/kharkov-r1 this summer and paid for expensive insurance as well but I knew that if something happens to the bike that it will be covered with insurance and I will not have to worry about it. Hope you will find what you are looking for. Good Luck!
10-18-2020 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LongRanger Offline
Been There

Evergreen, CO
When I ride in Europe with Edelweiss, they provide insurance coverage on the bike with a $1000 deductible as part of the cost of the tour. Problem is they nickel and dime you for every minor scratch when you return the bike, so you end up paying for normal wear and tear.

As an alternative, they will let you avoid the deductible by paying an upfront $200-$300 premium (depending on the bike). With this coverage, you simply return the bike, no questions asked. If you have a tip over, it pays for itself. And if the bike is stolen, you’re completely off the hook.

My SO totaled one of their SV650’s on a tour in Spain several years ago. Really glad we paid the upfront premium!

Next time I ride with them, I’ll pay the premium, ride to the nearest port, “steal” the bike, and have it shipped home!

Ride more. Worry less. Tongue
‘12 BMW R1200R Classic
'15 BMW R1200RT
10-18-2020 05:20 PM
Houtman Offline
Been There

NC USA
I like the way you think !
10-18-2020 05:27 PM
GoldOxide Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Southern Ontario, Canada
I rented a bike in Mexico and the deposit was $1000 US. Similarly, they will take from the deductible every new abrasion after the tour. I noticed near the end of the tour the ride was getting very aggressive, especially on loose gravel mountain roads and in the core urban centers where riding between truck mirrors is the norm. I think the owner was pissed off because he had to return the entire deposit to me. His tour master said I kept up to the leader. Meanwhile, other tour riders were being assessed for scraped engine guards, broken passenger pegs, scraped mirrors, scraped cowlings, and broken signal lights. I didn't stick around. Damage costs negotiating games had begun and some of the bikes were BMWs.

>>> Spring is an extension to the riding season. ¯\(ツ)/¯ <<<
10-18-2020 08:15 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
What did you do to/with your other bike?
Rode the Yami over to a friends bike sho . . .Charlie Bravo — 08:29 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,974
» Forum posts: 329,750

Full Statistics

>