Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not enough Ibuprofen in the world right now
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
RE: Not enough Ibuprofen in the world right now
(04-08-2017 02:02 PM)The ferret Wrote:  Guth I can't decide which was worse...gout or kidney stone. I do believe kidney stone, but gout was no fun either.

Oh jeez, not too surprising from the stories I've heard. I'm hoping to avoid being able to make that comparison myself.

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
04-08-2017 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
4 Paws Offline
High Mileage

MM 199 on BRP (Fancy Gap VA)
A sure sign of getting old is when all my buddies sit around and have an organ recital!

My personal trick to combat numbness and hand discomfort when riding is to occasionally move my thumb from an "opposing " grip to the same side of th bars as the rest of my fingers. That and shaking my hands out regularly helps me delay the onset of the inevitable.

Best thing I learned from my dog: “Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride". Dan D.
04-08-2017 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nemo Offline
High Mileage

Jacksonville, FL
(04-08-2017 08:52 AM)Nortoon Wrote:  Another cause of hand cramping is tight leather gloves.

Thanks for the "get well" wishes, guys. Wearing a brace all day yesterday and at bed time, light duty honey-do's and anti-inflamatory meds have made it feel better but the hand is still out of commission.

I have a pair of insulated gauntlets that when strapped close put pressure on the underside of my wrist and irritate the CT. I have to wear them very loose to avoid this.

Sad

N

“It is easier for me to be forgiving of the stupid than of the evil."
EmptySea

#BLACKBIKESMATTER
04-09-2017 04:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
(04-09-2017 04:15 AM)Nemo Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 08:52 AM)Nortoon Wrote:  Another cause of hand cramping is tight leather gloves.

Thanks for the "get well" wishes, guys. Wearing a brace all day yesterday and at bed time, light duty honey-do's and anti-inflamatory meds have made it feel better but the hand is still out of commission.

I have a pair of insulated gauntlets that when strapped close put pressure on the underside of my wrist and irritate the CT. I have to wear them very loose to avoid this.

Sad

I'm in the exact same situation. I had my right hand fixed 2 years ago. Now the left one is asking to be done by waking me up at 3am every night. I'm getting ready for my first ride of the season today and hope my left hand can handle the clutch. Nemo, I have been icing my wrists before bed and it has helped a lot.

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
04-09-2017 06:21 AM
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(04-09-2017 06:21 AM)Chapomis Wrote:  Nemo, I have been icing my wrists before bed and it has helped a lot.

My physiotherapists would tell me to use the ice pack no more than 15 minutes for my sport injuries. After that the body tends to rush warm blood to the area.

Later in life I spent years going to quackopractors for a sore lower back. It got to the point where I was almost disabled. Then I remembered that physiotherapists were always able to cure my sport aches and pains. After a dozen visits and some daily exercise the back pain disappeared. I was so mad at myself for not thinking of this sooner.

I don't do the daily exercises anymore. But if I wake up with a stiff back, a 60 second stretch sitting on the stairs and grabbing my feet is enough to loosen the muscles.

If you have not tried a physiotherapist, I earnestly recommend you do. Unlike quackopractors and other like them that provide one day's relief until the medical insurance runs out, physiotherapists can provide a permanent cure.
04-09-2017 08:14 AM
Nemo Offline
High Mileage

Jacksonville, FL
Spent all weekend wearing a brace, in light duty, no riding Angry stretching and massaging my wrist and giving it a mix of cold and heat. I can now close my hand all the way but still can't clench too tight. Bought a gel pad for the keyboard of my home computer and one for the office.

Hope to feel better by the end of the week to ride this weekend.

N

“It is easier for me to be forgiving of the stupid than of the evil."
EmptySea

#BLACKBIKESMATTER
04-10-2017 07:34 AM
Lord Popgun Offline
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
Hope it works out Nemo. Good luck and hope you are riding soon.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
04-10-2017 07:52 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
Please believe me, I'm not gloating one bit, and I have great sympathy for anyone who has to endure some of these ailments, but as I approach my 80th birthday, I have none of them.
I am truly blessed and don't take it for granted.
I am very fit and strong and expect to ride for many more years, but who knows what might be in the cards.
My best to everyone.

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
04-10-2017 08:04 AM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
Nemo, sorry to hear the CT problem is still aching. If nothing else works, surgery will. Had both hands cut on back in '89 and no problems since. So sorry you couldn't make the ride Saturday but there will be a next time.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
04-10-2017 09:14 AM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Hey! Get well, Nemo. A rare visitation of gout is tormenting my right toe today so you have my sympathy.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 09:18 PM by Cormanus.)
04-10-2017 07:49 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 . . .misterprofessionality — 04:31 AM
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 mod . . .m in sc — 03:32 AM