Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nicky Hayden Injured In Bike Crash
lola Offline
Running Like a Top

Los Angeles,Ca
RE: Nicky Hayden Injured In Bike Crash
(05-17-2017 06:30 PM)Stichill Wrote:  I truly cringe at the situation that Nicky and his family are now in.

Bicycling on roads with passing cars is more dangerous than riding motorcycles with the flow of traffic in my opinion. My best friend from high school was hit a few years after graduation on his bicycle in a very similar accident. Same kind of severe impact with the right side of the car. He sustained a major head injury to the left temple area, leading to speech impairment and impaired use of his right arm...plus emotional control issues (excessive laughter, sadness, anger, irritability). He was paralyzed from the waist down with loss of sexual function, and lost his left leg below the knee due to trauma. Later on, his right leg was also amputated due to circulation issues leading to gangrene of the foot and calf. Not to mention issues with digestive and urinary function. In all honesty, his injuries and resultant outcomes were about as bad as you could have and still be left alive.

His fiancée left him about six months after the accident. Neither he nor his buddies nor his family could truly blame her...this was not the man she fell in love with nor the future she imagined with him. She was young and smart and beautiful...

He received a substantial settlement from the hospital for malpractice (failure to diagnose a torn aorta that lead to the paralysis due to the spine suffering blood starvation). An incredibly determined man, he found an amazing, able-bodied and big-hearted woman. They were married many years ago and they have been living a happy life together in a waterfront property near Virginia Beach. He's a a huge music aficionado and she's an accomplished acoustic musician. Together they are very rich in friendships and host several amazing parties and musical events at their home every year.

I don't know why I shared all of that...I guess this news story hit pretty close to home for me.

Anyone that has experience with road bikes and the dangers that come with would 100% agree with your statement , me included.

hope Hayden pulls through.. Thanks for sharing your story.

[font=Arial][color=#FF0000]money pit[/color][/font]
05-18-2017 11:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stichill Offline
Road Warrior

Northern Kentucky, USA
(05-17-2017 10:26 PM)offroadfx4 Wrote:  On a similar note the husband of my wife's friend was just injured severely riding in a group near Louisville, KY on their way to WV. A car came fully into their lane and took out two on the four BMW riders.

Was this on I-71? I keep hearing horror stories about cars changing lanes near Louisville and running motorcycles off the road with disastrous outcomes. This seems to be related to the texting / Facebooking and driving problem. I've heard that some police agencies are now switching their enforcement focus from speeding to distracted driving. They are posing as construction workers and roadside beggars to catch texting drivers in the act.

Maybe we need a new MADD? Mothers Against Distracted Driving

2012 Honda CBR250RA Candy Ruby Red/Silver
05-18-2017 07:51 PM
CB4ME Offline
Road Warrior

Maryland
The worst possible news out of Italy today. R.I.P. Nicky. You will be missed.

[size=xx-small]Accessories by: Agras, BabyFace, Chic Design, Daytona, Endurance, Force Design, Honda, K&H, K&N, Magic Racing, MotoGear, Moriwaki, Ohlins, PBI Sprockets, Posh, Power Commander, Ryujin, SP Takegawa, SP Tadao, SW Motech, TSR, U-Kanaya, WM, XAM Sprockets [/size]
05-22-2017 09:32 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
(05-22-2017 09:32 AM)CB4ME Wrote:  The worst possible news out of Italy today. R.I.P. Nicky. You will be missed.

Very shocking news.
It's at time like this you wish it was "fake news," but it's the worst possible outcome for Nicky.
Very sad.

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2017 11:06 AM by Rocky.)
05-22-2017 11:05 AM
use2b Offline
High Mileage

Perdido Key Florida
Very sad , so young

The best part about growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old.
former owner of the baddest 2013 CB1100 ever ;] now a plush ride -2014 Goldwing Valkyrie GL1800C
05-22-2017 11:24 AM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
Sad day for all who love motorcycle racing and Nicky Hayden. Rest in peace Nicky. You will be sorely missed.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
05-22-2017 02:12 PM
HBFL Offline
Break-In Period

USA
Indeed, one of the last great American racers on the international scene. I loved this guy. What a humble man. Lord have mercy. My prayers are with him and his family.
05-22-2017 02:33 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
So sad

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
05-22-2017 05:24 PM
Stichill Offline
Road Warrior

Northern Kentucky, USA
Terribly tragic.

Seems like such an incongruous turn of events, that a man who made a living dashing madcap around a racetrack at 200 mph on a motorcycle would die in a roadside accident on a pedal / push bike.

He will be missed by the sport and by his legions of fans in the US and around the world.

2012 Honda CBR250RA Candy Ruby Red/Silver
05-22-2017 07:11 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Vale Nicky. Such a waste.
05-23-2017 12:30 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan