Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
F6B
LongRanger Offline
Been There

Evergreen, CO
F6B
Saw my first ever F6B during my ride today. The bike was entirely matte black, head to toe, completely featureless. Helmetless rider, short sleeves, feet way up on highway pegs, moving down the highway at about 80 mph. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and as he passed, I muttered inside my helmet, "what an ugly pig of a bike!" No offense to anyone here who happens to own one. In a world of beautifully designed motorcycles, this one didn't float my boat. Not sure if they're popular elsewhere.

Ride more. Worry less. Tongue
‘12 BMW R1200R Classic
'15 BMW R1200RT
05-28-2017 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_undecider Offline
Running Like a Top

Texas
RE: F6B
Heavy, yes, but these handle WAY better than a bike that size should. Even more impressive is the Valkyrie which is the lightest GL1800 varient.

2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Honda CRF450L
2019 Yamaha Tracer GT
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
05-28-2017 05:41 PM
Frulk Offline
High Mileage

Utah
I've toyed with the idea of picking up an F6B a couple of times. Especially the 2013's my dealer had left over. He had 2 or more in crates and one on the showroom. Like our CB they apparently weren't fast sellers. I've only seen 2-3 black ones on the road and the one on the showroom floor I sat on multiple times was also black. Last weekend while hauling atv's to southern Utah I saw my first red one and commented that the bike was a looker. From my eye the rear end is one of the best looking ones on a big bike. To me its so well done it looks custom. One mans...yada...yada.. is another man's yada...yada. No accounting for any of our tastes I suppose. The bike is big and heavy yet it comes off the kickstand with little effort. Almost everything I've read on them is positive. Everyone comments on the amount of torque the motor produces and how much sportier it feels compared to similar offerings in its weight range. Funny, but the major thing that kept me from buying it was that an IPhone 7 with a slim Otter case would not fit in the left hand box designed for the portable electronic equipment.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2017 06:07 PM by Frulk.)
05-28-2017 05:56 PM
redbirds Offline
Been There

Patterson, GA, USA
I rode up to the little Georgia town of Lumber City on Saturday, stopping at Stinson's BBQ for lunch. There was a black F6B parked out front, first one I'd ever seen outside a dealer. The fellow riding it had put over 70,000 miles on since buying it having ridden it through most of the lower 48 and is planning a trip to Alaska this year.

1 Cor 13:4-7 (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
05-28-2017 06:11 PM
LongRanger Offline
Been There

Evergreen, CO
No doubt it's a very capable bike, especially considering its pedigree. The styling just left me a bit cold. We don't see them around here.

Ride more. Worry less. Tongue
‘12 BMW R1200R Classic
'15 BMW R1200RT
05-28-2017 06:49 PM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA
I don't know. I like it a lot better than the Wing it's based upon. I'm not fond of the matte black version, but i like the other colors. I don't want to own one, but I think it looks like what the Valkyrie should look like.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
05-28-2017 06:54 PM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
I see one fairly regularly around here. I've read really good reports on it. Rather have one of those than any other bagger since it's based on the Wing motor and drivetrain which means powerful, smooth, reliable

However not my style. I have sat on them, and they are extremely wide between the thighs when trying to put your feet down.

If someone gave me one, I'd take it lol

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
05-28-2017 07:13 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,753

Full Statistics

>