Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
2018 Forum Rally Poll
tinboatcapt Offline
1st Service Completed

Minnesota, USA
RE: 2018 Forum Rally Poll
I rode US 50 back to Minnesota from Washington DC and really enjoyed the WV area. I would like to get back there explore a bit more, and perhaps re-visit Gettysburg.
jim

2014 CB1100 Std
2000 ST1100
1981 CB650C
07-13-2017 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
SCCBrider Offline
Running Like a Top

South Carolina
(06-06-2017 12:47 PM)morewood Wrote:  I chose "Other" and suggest Two Wheels of Suches in Suches, GA. Great riding, accommodations, and good food on site.

http://twowheelsofsuches.com/

Love the Location. Two is awesome, plus there's a really good Campground right down the road if you want to rent a cabin. It is on the air strp that the original owner of TWO had. I know the area pretty well as do others. I would love to go there, might even go this weekend if I don't go to Blue Ridge.
08-26-2017 08:38 AM
Hondahawkrider Offline
Running Like a Top

Maryland
(08-26-2017 08:38 AM)SCCBrider Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 12:47 PM)morewood Wrote:  I chose "Other" and suggest Two Wheels of Suches in Suches, GA. Great riding, accommodations, and good food on site.

http://twowheelsofsuches.com/

Love the Location. Two is awesome, plus there's a really good Campground right down the road if you want to rent a cabin. It is on the air strp that the original owner of TWO had. I know the area pretty well as do others. I would love to go there, might even go this weekend if I don't go to Blue Ridge.

You can rent the entire upstairs @TWo

[u]'13 cb1100[/u] came with black grab rails, headlight & side covers, hagofuku front/rear fenders, and cats eye blinkers.[u]Added by me[/u]: Staintune Slip-on, Moriwaki sliders, Sport Trunk Seat, Lucas black taillight
08-26-2017 04:25 PM
Slow Poke Offline
Break-In Period

Marysville
I chose "other", and am another vote for somewhere in the western states. I would love to ride to the North East but realistically I would need to dedicate two weeks for trip there, few days at rally and trip back. I don't know if I can get that much time. I understand there was a get together in Idaho this summer for us westerners, and that it is tentatively planned for next year. That may have to do for me.
09-14-2017 06:24 PM
The A-man Offline
Running Like a Top

North Carolina
Here's an idea I had some time ago, but may prove to require too much logistics coordination. Thought I'd share it any way. What about, instead of a "destination" rally, how about a "journey" rally. What I mean by that is a rally that has a starting point and an ending point, with multiple discreet segments. That could require a leader for each separate segment, but it could pull in folks who can only afford to catch the segment (or two) that run closest to them. As an example, think of doing the entire BRP (approx. 440 miles) in say 3 or 4 segments, meaning 2 or 3 overnites. That would mean perhaps a half day of riding from point A to point B, and allowing for a half day of local riding once you arrive and check in at point B. It might bring out the local CBers at point A, B, C, etc to serve as guides, showing all who attend their favorite great local rides and eateries.

I think BRP is kind to short for really pulling in a lot of the forum members, but perhaps someone who knows geography better than me could suggest a longer track. Ideally, the longer track would provide optimal coverage of the map as indicated by the member's locator map.

It's not ideal for getting all interested riders together for multiple days, but... may draw in more total members who get to me a half dozen or so other CBers as the caravan progresses along the route.

Just a thought.

2014 CB1100 DLX s/n 166
09-15-2017 02:50 PM
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
I get this error message when I vote
"CB1100 Forum
Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

In any case, I vote for WV.
I read the entire thread and I didn't see any mention of the member location map that was started last year. Is it still around ? I think that for an east of the Mississippi event that NC, VA, WVA seem to be very central on the map, not to mention excellent riding.

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
09-15-2017 05:13 PM
Cormanus Online

Queensland, Australia
Chapomis, Guth will have to respond to the error code.

The members' map is here.
09-15-2017 08:11 PM
Sonnyboy Offline
Break-In Period

Connecticut
(06-06-2017 09:49 AM)The ferret Wrote:  2017 Rally is in the books. Although turnout was small the rally experience was fantastic. IF you weren't there, you should have been. Just plan on making it next year.

But where ?????????

Please vote in the poll

White mountains, NH?
09-16-2017 04:46 AM
Chapomis Offline
High Mileage

Cape Cod
(09-16-2017 04:46 AM)Sonnyboy Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 09:49 AM)The ferret Wrote:  2017 Rally is in the books. Although turnout was small the rally experience was fantastic. IF you weren't there, you should have been. Just plan on making it next year.

But where ?????????

Please vote in the poll

White mountains, NH?

That would be very cool !!

If promoted maybe 10+ would come from the far east, and i'm totally in for that.

But for the biggest turnout (if that's the intent) I think we should be looking at the member map and previous rally attendance....radius and all that. Personally, having ridden in NH, VT, CT and ME, I get excited about NC, VA and WVA......even OH Smile IE: I feel it's worth the driving to get to where the best riding is and hang out with 20+ like minded CBers. Robbinsville & Bland were a lot of fun and besides the Aussies, quite a few came from a day or more away. Not to diss the west-coasters (the west is sooo big) but I feel that 4paws (VA/NC border) is in the eye of the storm, great riding in any direction. Which, is one of the biggest advantages of that area, you can have a base camp and branch out in any direction and have a great time.

Why not repeat Robbinsville or Bland ? They are pretty darn central to excellent riding in a 1600 km radius from a lot of members.

I guess what i'm getting to is, "accessibility" to members for a large get together, for both riding and CB chat (maybe lawnmowers too).

2014 CB1100 Deluxe, Kawa Gaiters, OEM heated grips, K&H Cafe seat, Kijima guards (inadequate), Chic short red rear fender, CB500 mirrors, barbacks and RLETs
09-16-2017 05:21 PM
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
I just voted for KY as I live in central MS, but would go to western N C in previous post by Chapomis.
I am a new member but would be able to take off time to travel up, spend three days and the return home.
I agree with others that maybe one rally west of MS and one east each year may work.

Don' forget MS also as a rally point as we have some great roads ( Hwy 61 in and out of Natchez all the way to Memphis .
MS would also be central to Riders ranging from FL to TX
09-16-2017 06:16 PM
Thread Closed 

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition