Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Low Fuel warning question?
peterbaron Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

ON, Canada
RE: Low Fuel warning question?
(06-24-2017 04:38 PM)Rollie Bruner Wrote:  Rode my new to me 14 Deluxe about 80 miles today. I absolutely love this bike! (2012 Harley Road King now for sale! ) Is there a low fuel warning light ? How much fuel is in the tank when warning comes on?

These are NOT my notes, all THANKS and CREDITS go to Nortoon!!!. I just forwarded it.

"The Owners Manual is a little cryptic. But on page 23 it appears to say that when the last bar on the fuel gauge is flashing, if you push the right dash button once the available driving distance will be displayed. If you push the button again, the remaining amount of fuel will be displayed.
Unfortunately it has been my experience that the digital dash information is seldom readable. Something like trying to use a cell phone in the sun. So I would not take my eyes of the road long enough while driving to be able to read the information.
Apparently the information is available even before the gas gauge flashes. But I believe you have to do a lot of button pushing to get past the Trip A and B information to read it. If it still displayed while stopped, I might make note of it at a gas stop."

Hope this helps
Peter

"Drop a gear and disappear"®
'14 CB1100 DLX-#170 ® 26K kms (FOX - pleasure horse)
'14 CB1100/ABS ® 113K kms (MYSHOL - white draft horse)
'13 CB1100/c-ABS - 56K kms - sold
*Grand Chancellor*
06-27-2017 02:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
R748 Offline
1st Service Completed

'Straylia
Hi, I was having the same question and today refilled when it was on one bar (mine is a 2011 model with the slightly smaller tank).

I refilled 9.6 litres after 156km (about 5.5 litres per 100km) so I suspect I still had about 4-5 litres in the tank.

I was worried my fuel consumption was stupid high but seems that the fuel gauge isn't all that accurate.

My old VT750 with a 12 litre tank would easily go 230-250 kms on a tank (still with a couple litres left) so I expected MUCH more range from the CB1100 with a 15 litre tank.
07-01-2017 03:26 AM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Fuel consumption varies a bit. I find it much higher around town. On a country run, I would not want to get to 240 kms without refuelling.
07-01-2017 05:45 AM
Rollie Bruner Offline
Break-In Period

Lexington,Ky
Ordered a owners manual and it arrived last Wednesday . I think I have the instrument panel and how to pull up various reading figured out. Thanks for all your replies, very helpful. The fuel guage on my 2014 Deluxe seems to be very accurate. Ran my fuel down into reserve intentionally to make sure the fuel was fresh. With 2760 miles it obviously had Ben setting quit a bit. Fuel guage said I had .5 gal remaining and it held 3.9 gal
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 08:51 AM by Rollie Bruner.)
07-01-2017 08:40 AM
iamheero Offline
1st Service Completed

Los Angeles
Quote:"My experience is that it starts at 50 miles and counts down from there"

I have the '14 CB standard, this is my experience (and I think the goal per the owner's manual) but I've found it to be pretty conservative. I think I could probably get 80 out of it when I get that message, if not more, although it depends on the driving. I end up filling up a lot and usually with a 1/3rd of a tank left! Better safe than sorry when you use it commute.

'14 CB1100 (RIP)
'17 CB1100EX
10-23-2017 12:12 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 mod . . .m in sc — 03:32 AM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition