Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
JBS piggyback shocks
caddy425 Offline
1st Service Completed

Ontario, Canada
JBS piggyback shocks
So for less than $200 I decided to give these a try before spending 600 to 1300 on Ikon or Ohlins shocks. What the heck, why not.

Easy install - good quality - firmer (progressive wound), and good rebound control - huge range of compression adjustment - and the bike rides the same one up or two - I must admit i am exceedingly happy with this purchase - I am no lightweight and with two up and a full top box there was a very bad ride with the stock shocks no matter what preload.

After one adjustment from my initial guess on the preload they are now comfortable and take railway tracks very well

i had to cut the spare key down in order to access the helmet lock (the nitrogen piggy back blocks the full size key enough that it bends - apart from that no worries

anyone else tried them?

(i have a black 2016 - went full black on the units and they look very good)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HONDA-CB1100-365m...2749.l2649
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 09:01 AM by caddy425.)
08-02-2017 08:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TCinNC Offline
1st Service Completed

New Bern, NC
RE: JBS piggyback shocks
(08-02-2017 08:30 AM)caddy425 Wrote:  So for less than $200 I decided to give these a try before spending 600 to 1300 on Ikon or Ohlins shocks. What the heck, why not.

Easy install - good quality - firmer (progressive wound), and good rebound control - huge range of compression adjustment - and the bike rides the same one up or two - I must admit i am exceedingly happy with this purchase - I am no lightweight and with two up and a full top box there was a very bad ride with the stock shocks no matter what preload.

After one adjustment from my initial guess on the preload they are now comfortable and take railway tracks very well

i had to cut the spare key down in order to access the helmet lock (the nitrogen piggy back blocks the full size key enough that it bends - apart from that no worries

anyone else tried them?

Link??
08-02-2017 08:45 AM
caddy425 Offline
1st Service Completed

Ontario, Canada
(08-02-2017 08:45 AM)TCinNC Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 08:30 AM)caddy425 Wrote:  So for less than $200 I decided to give these a try before spending 600 to 1300 on Ikon or Ohlins shocks. What the heck, why not.

anyone else tried them?

Link??
added the link
08-02-2017 09:09 AM
Ferrealls Offline
1st Service Completed

Alaska
Wow. Screaming deals like that usually send up red flags for me. How long have you had them on??

'14 CB1100 - M2 VALE, Dime City supermoto bars, CRG Lanesplitter mirror, Ryujin fender eliminator, Hakofugu cafe front fender, PCV, Motodemic LED headlight, British Customs Retro turn signals, COERCE fork brace, Daytona cafe seat, Pirelli Scorpion MT90 150/70-18 rear, MT 60 RS 110/80-18 front.
08-02-2017 12:22 PM
jimgl3 Offline
High Mileage

Covington, Ga
they look nice. like Ferreals said, please consider keeping us up to date on how they hold up. thanks!!
08-02-2017 12:37 PM
aschem Offline
Running Like a Top

S.E. Idaho
I saw a pair that was disassembled. I would not install these shocks, or RFY shocks on my CB1100. IKON's start at $420 USD

13 CB1100 (sold)
16 Bandit 1250S
08-02-2017 01:29 PM
PowerDubs Offline
Road Warrior

NWNJ
You can get Ikons for less. I saved quite a bit by purchasing them from Webike in Japan. I had bought something small from them on Ebay- and they sent me a coupon code for a little bit more off as well. Even with shipping the cost was substantially less than from the U.S. distributor. ($xxx less)

104whp / 75wtq ... for now.
08-02-2017 06:01 PM
caddy425 Offline
1st Service Completed

Ontario, Canada
Again - as stated it was worth a shot just to see how much difference it would make - now I know the real difference I can put money away for winter mod's season - had them on for a month about 2000km now and no issue - but if the make it until november and the first snow I will still consider it a win. will update as time goes on - And yes i have my quote for Ikon's made just for my spec and was about $680 canadian - worth it for a christmas present - lol

and the stock shocks are hanging on the wall to be reinstalled if needed
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 08:37 AM by caddy425.)
08-03-2017 08:36 AM
caddy425 Offline
1st Service Completed

Ontario, Canada
well found them ok for two up riding had to add a lot of preload. they were good 95% of the time, the occasional big square edge hit bottomed them. saved some cash for christmas and ordered custom Ikon's. set for two up combined weight. Good fit and quality. no ride review February in Canada, lol overall the jbs shocks were better than stock, but after getting a bit better figured might as well go next step. after all comfy wife happy wife
02-03-2018 09:43 AM
caddy425 Offline
1st Service Completed

Ontario, Canada
IKON shocks installed and finally ridden. Incredible ride i was searching out railroad tracks and bumps just to see if anything unsettled them. They are very impressive. Manufacturer easy to deal with. The shocks were built to my spec, for two up riding and a full top box. But they were incredible one up. 100% better than stock
03-26-2018 07:37 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 mod . . .m in sc — 03:32 AM
Interesting dilema, Mr. P... my vote wou . . .pdedse — 08:16 PM