Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
K H tall seat from samurider
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
Well, I finally pulled trigger and ordered seat from their website. Thank you to all forum members research and advice. I ordered the tall seat and firmer seat foam. I hope this solves my challenge of slightly cramped seat to peg distance. The pics I have seen show high quality. The price was a little eye watering at $590 shipped from Japan but it should make my riding more comfortable. I'll post pics after it arrives and I install it. My iPhone pics, even after editing, keep saying they are too big to post. I still need some tutoring on loading pics here but I'll try my best.
Should be a few weeks until I start peeking up my ears for UPS driver.
10-05-2017 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
RE: K H tall seat from samurider
Spiderwatts, on the matter of photos you have four choices:

1. Use a program on a computer to reduce the file size of the photo to less than 250 kb (I think that's the maximum size of uploadable files and then upload it.
2. Using the iPhone's mail program email it to yourself and, when it asks you what size file you want to send, select one smaller than 250 kb.
3. Install Tapatalk on your phone and use that to read the forum and post photos. It acts as an image hosting site (see 4 below).
3. Use an image hosting site such as Imgur or Postimage which allow you to link to photos from the forum. Instructions on how to do this are in this thread. Don't however, use Photobucket unless you are willing to pay an exorbitant annual fee.
10-05-2017 09:56 PM
Bheezy27403 Offline
High Mileage

Triad NC
You will definitely get more legroom and from the short distances I have ridden it it is a lot more firm and comfortable over the stocker (but what isn't?).
10-06-2017 12:32 PM
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
Thanks for photo tips. And yes I am looking forward to new seat.
10-08-2017 06:53 PM
Retsel Offline
High Mileage

Pacifica
I just installed the mid hight K&H seat with a foam density to match my 210 lbs. It made an immediate difference for me. I am now sitting on the center of my butt rather than the insides of my thighs. I am 6 ft with a 32" inseam. I love the look, the feel, and the quality. İmageİmageİmageİmageİmage

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
10-08-2017 09:21 PM
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
(10-08-2017 09:21 PM)Retsel Wrote:  I just installed the mid hight K&H seat with a foam density to match my 210 lbs. It made an immediate difference for me. I am now sitting on the center of my butt rather than the insides of my thighs. I am 6 ft with a 32" inseam. I love the look, the feel, and the quality. İmageİmageİmageİmageİmage

That looks great!!

Looks fast sitting still
10-08-2017 09:26 PM
GaryMNM Offline
1st Service Completed

Southern Nevada
Looks good Retsel, I like the red stitching, it adds a nice touch.

I picked up a pre-owned K&H mid from a member here and it is an improvement. I did notice a coupla-few things on mine:
  • the front part of the seat makes contact with the tank and the under side stitching tends to rub/wear on that section of the tank. I picked up a piece of that 3M clear tank protector that I will install at some point to protect or at least prolong the wear.
  • also noticed during seat install you can seemingly slide the seat into the tongue slot at the front, click-lock it in place and actually miss the intended slot. The seat will fit a bit sloppy, I notice I have to apply pressure at the nose or front when sliding her in to get it in the right slot (so to speak). This of course lends itself to more of that same pressure/wear on the tank.
  • lastly, a minor issue, but no built in convenient little area to hold your documents, registration, insurance, owners manual, etc, like the OEM.

Congrats on the new addition, it looks like a good match. Thumbs Up
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 08:44 AM by GaryMNM.)
10-09-2017 08:40 AM
Retsel Offline
High Mileage

Pacifica
Forgot to mention that I had asked Takahashi-San for a logo sticker to add to my collection of favorite vendors, I place on my rear trunk. He agreed and sent me the sticker below. Not the size I anticipated but very cool! İmageİmage

I found the perfect place for it! İmageİmage

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 08:53 AM by Retsel.)
10-09-2017 08:44 AM
Retsel Offline
High Mileage

Pacifica
(10-09-2017 08:40 AM)GaryMNM Wrote:  Looks good Retsel, I like the red stitching, it adds a nice touch.

I picked up a pre-owned K&H mid from a member here and it is an improvement. I did notice a coupla-few things on mine:
  • the front part of the seat makes contact with the tank and the under side stitching tends to rub/wear on that section of the tank. I picked up a piece of that 3M clear tank protector that I will install at some point to protect or at least prolong the wear.
  • also noticed during seat install you can seemingly slide the seat into the tongue slot at the front, click-lock it in place and actually miss the intended slot. The seat will fit a bit sloppy, I notice I have to apply pressure at the nose or front when sliding her in to get it in the right slot (so to speak). This of course lends itself to more of that same pressure/wear on the tank.
  • lastly, a minor issue, but no built in convenient little area to hold your documents, registration, insurance, owners manual, etc, like the OEM.

Congrats on the new addition, it looks like a good match.
Thanks for the tips. In a previous photo posting, by another member, it looked like there was a gap between the tank and seat. I was thankful it fit as snuggly as it does. Didn't think about the possibly of rubbing the tank. I'll put something between as well.

Haven't had any problems attaching the seat but thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
10-09-2017 03:54 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,752

Full Statistics

>