• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finally got to try the Corbin Gunfighter
warman Offline
1st Service Completed

SE Texas
RE: Finally got to try the Corbin Gunfighter
(10-08-2017 06:19 PM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 03:48 PM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 10:52 PM)warman Wrote:  I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the same seat. After thirty minutes of riding I'm uncomfortable. I've had my bike five months and only have 700 miles on it. First bike in over 25 years and I can't decide if it's the seat or just me. I'm 5'11" and am a fat body at 230lbs and 59 years old.

I guess my question is, is the CB seat really that bad compared to other bikes? And will the Corbin give me some relief? My goal is to take some long rides someday.

Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat

Just saw there is a Corbin at buy it now of 325 or make offer on ebay

I saw it too and offered $300.00 which the buyer accepted. I guess I can always sell it if it doesn't work out for me. Wasn't crazy about the two-tone colors, but I think I can overlook it.
10-08-2017 09:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
(10-08-2017 09:18 PM)warman Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 06:19 PM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 03:48 PM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 10:52 PM)warman Wrote:  I'm thinking of taking the plunge on the same seat. After thirty minutes of riding I'm uncomfortable. I've had my bike five months and only have 700 miles on it. First bike in over 25 years and I can't decide if it's the seat or just me. I'm 5'11" and am a fat body at 230lbs and 59 years old.

I guess my question is, is the CB seat really that bad compared to other bikes? And will the Corbin give me some relief? My goal is to take some long rides someday.

Try the Corbin
I m your height,4 years older even heavier.
I bought a 14 2 months ago and was lucky enough to find a slightly used Corbin
It is a vast improvement over stock seat

Just saw there is a Corbin at buy it now of 325 or make offer on ebay

I saw it too and offered $300.00 which the buyer accepted. I guess I can always sell it if it doesn't work out for me. Wasn't crazy about the two-tone colors, but I think I can overlook it.
You should be ok at that price
If you end up liking it a local upholstery shop should be able recover it to suit you

Looks fast sitting still
10-08-2017 09:23 PM
warman Offline
1st Service Completed

SE Texas
Thank you for the information. Makes me feel more comfortable about the purchase.
10-08-2017 09:32 PM
Banned Offline
Banned

earth
(10-08-2017 01:19 PM)Rdtwohig Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 08:27 AM)W/R Wrote:  The planets magically aligned and my back pain let up enough for me to make some short rides this week on my new to me Corbin Gunfighter seat.

In total I logged just under 300km in a series of short rides, mostly around 40km in length and I have to say it is a vast improvement over the stock seat. I know from experience that I need a wider seat and the Gunfighter's built in seat bucket (I don't know the technical term, if there is one) seems like it was custom built for my butt. It is very firm and supportive and the sides don't collapse under my weight (215lbs now, down 50lbs from 265lbs a year ago) like most stock seats.

The only real complaint I have is it seems to have moved me back on the bike and increased my forward lean slightly but I have orangutan arms so I have been able to adjust.

Overall a very good investment for me.

Glad it works for you and it found a good home!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Ron, what is about the K&H seat that you like better than the Corbin? Other than the looks that is, I definitely think the K&H is a better looking seat but I would be scared that it isn't wide enough.

I put another 250km on Sat on the Corbin and I have to say for me it is pretty close to the perfect seat.
10-10-2017 06:59 AM
mtneers Offline
High Mileage

West Virginia
Finally got to try the Corbin Gunfighter
W/R:
I couldn’t ride more than 50-60 miles before I had to get off the bike and get the circulation going again. I like
to ride to the point where I decide to take a break and my butt doesn’t intervene. I took a day drip the other day and rode 445 miles/716 kilometers. That’s something I never would have attempted on the stock or Corbin seat. It doesn’t seem wider. It puts you a little closer to bars than the Corbin. My riding buddy has a cb 1100 with a Corbin and added risers because the seat puts him back further.
The Daytona Cozy seems to have just a little more padding.İmage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[font=Impact]”Montani Semper Liberi”[/font]
1969 Z50 AK1
2014 CB1100 STD
2014 CB1100 DLX
2021 Goldwing Tour
10-10-2017 08:09 AM
Banned Offline
Banned

earth
Yes, that is my riding style as well - or was prior to my back injury and hopefully will be again after my surgery in Nov.

So for the most part your problem with the Corbin was more in regards to where it placed you on the bike (ie too far from the bars) as opposed to the actual butt comfort of the seat?

I ask as with my ape arms the farther back position still works for me but if the actual seat is far more comfortable itself I might upgrade/crossgrade? to the Daytona.
10-11-2017 07:37 AM
White Dog Offline
Running Like a Top

NC
I rode with the stock seat about a week before taking it to an upholstery shop for additional foam. That helped the sliding forward feeling I had with the OEM seat. I now have the Corbin Gunslinger seat and even with an extra layer of foam, the Airhawk bladder and sheepskin, it still is too firm. Because the seat is wider, I get more support for my butt; however, the seat feels like a wider board. I'll be buying more foam my next trip to Wally World.

2014 Standard, PS2 Shield, Corbin seat, luggage rack, Givi tail box.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 07:47 AM by White Dog.)
10-12-2017 07:46 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In . . .The ferret — 03:58 PM
I don't know about that... they're easy . . .Gone in 60 — 03:50 PM