Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many of you use the liners that come with jackets?
alprider Offline
High Mileage

CH
RE: How many of you use the liners that come with jackets?
I have 3 lay laminate goretex textil clothes.....from IXS

In spring and autumn in my kind of climatplace i use it often specal the jacketliner in morning/evening time...and in winter only for 1h its too enough this liners.....

And under all this still around the year functional long arm long leg clothes
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017 11:03 PM by alprider.)
10-17-2017 10:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kennyw Offline
High Mileage

Gold Bar
How many of you use the liners that come with jackets?
I use all the liners with the jacket they came with. I typically wear a t shirt, flannel shirt, thermal shell, and jacket with liner on the way to work (below 50F). Then, jacket with no liners or layers on the way home when it is above 70F. I habe different levels for temps in between.

KennyW
10-17-2017 11:58 PM
Bheezy27403 Offline
High Mileage

Triad NC
I use 'em. My Triumph mesh came with a nylon (thin) liner. Stops a bit of rain and wind. It is good for temps under 60 to help insulate. My Motoboss winter jacket has a fleece zipout that works great. Stash the jacket then wear the fleece upon arrival. Both my leather jackets have flannel/down liners that are great down to 40 degrees. Don't ride in much colder than that.
10-18-2017 07:19 AM
F800GT Offline
1st Service Completed

USA
I do use mine. It takes about 2 minutes to remove or to zip it back in.
10-18-2017 07:26 AM
rotor Offline
Running Like a Top

Western Canada
But of course. In what kind of climate is the same attire fit for the early morning ride to work and early afternoon ride back, year round?
10-18-2017 07:32 AM
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(10-18-2017 07:32 AM)rotor Wrote:  But of course. In what kind of climate is the same attire fit for the early morning ride to work and early afternoon ride back, year round?

NONE! One of the things I don't like about motorcycling is all the gear. I feel annoyed dressed in four layers of bulky clothing when passing skinny little kids at the curb waiting for the morning school bus in shorts and T-shirts.

Having said that, I feel very vulnerable when wearing a T-shirt, shorts and running shoes while riding in 90 degree heat.

Fortunately I have tank and tail bags that will hold all this stuff as the temperature rises during the day in spring and fall. A spare pair of gloves for the afternoon is nice as well.

Interestingly enough there was a documentary on TV that claimed if it wasn't for the four seasons there would not be life on earth. So enjoy the ride on our crooked spinning planet.

2017 CB1100 EX
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017 10:13 AM by Nortoon.)
10-18-2017 10:09 AM
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
I find there are basically 4 temp spreads I have to dress differently for.

(1) below 40 degrees
(2) 40-65
(3) 65-85
(4) above 85

(1) Below 40: calls for cold weather gear.. Base layer top and bottom, jeans, textile riding pants over jeans, long sleeve shirt, heated jacket liner, heavy textile jacket, tall boots, balaclava, full helmet, heavy gloves

(2) 40-65 basically the same only skip heated jacket liner, and heavy gloves, wear windproof shirt under heavy jacket, jeans or base layer pants (not both) under textile riding pants, wear balaclava till it gets over 50, deerskin gloves, tall boots, full helmet

(3) 65-85. Skip base layer, skip jeans, wear C9 t shirt and windproof shirt under med jacket, shed windproof shirt over 75, textile riding pants over C9 shorts, medium textile jacket, deerskin gloves, short or tall boots, either 3/4 or full helmet

(4) above 85... Tshirt and shorts under textile riding pants, mesh riding jacket, mesh gloves, short riding boots, 3/4 helmet

So 3 jackets..heavy, med, mesh
1 heated jacket liner
1 windproof over shirt
1 long sleeve T shirt
1 base layer top
1 base layer bottom
1 C9 t shirt
1 C9 shorts
1 jeans
3 pr gloves heavy, deerskin and mesh
1 Textile riding pants
1 tall boots
1 short boots
2 helmets... full helmet, 3/4 helmet

The above will take me from below freezing to above 100

Usually in late spring, summer and early fall you can see a 30 degree temp spread here. Got to dress in layers.

In early spring, late fall and winter that may go to a 10 degree temp spread

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
10-18-2017 11:09 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
I use the liners when it turns cooler and dress accordingly under the jacket.

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
10-18-2017 11:37 AM
Houtman Offline
Been There

NC USA
(10-18-2017 10:09 AM)Nortoon Wrote:  
(10-18-2017 07:32 AM)rotor Wrote:  But of course. In what kind of climate is the same attire fit for the early morning ride to work and early afternoon ride back, year round?

NONE! One of the things I don't like about motorcycling is all the gear. I feel annoyed dressed in four layers of bulky clothing when passing skinny little kids at the curb waiting for the morning school bus in shorts and T-shirts.

Having said that, I feel very vulnerable when wearing a T-shirt, shorts and running shoes while riding in 90 degree heat.

Fortunately I have tank and tail bags that will hold all this stuff as the temperature rises during the day in spring and fall. A spare pair of gloves for the afternoon is nice as well.

Interestingly enough there was a documentary on TV that claimed if it wasn't for the four seasons there would not be life on earth. So enjoy the ride on our crooked spinning planet.
I do not see skinny little kids waiting for the school bus, I only see fat ones ! Of course you live in Canada and I live in the USA !!!
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017 01:17 PM by Houtman.)
10-18-2017 01:16 PM
EmptySea Offline
Lives On Two Wheels

Chicagoland, USA

Completely missed the point, Rotor. Ferret does layer but finds that he can purchase better layers than those which are provided with most motorcycle jackets.

If I need a rain layer, I have rain gear that goes over my textile jackets and pants. The advantage of this is that my jacket and pants don't get soaked through as they would if the rain layer was inside the jacket. If I need a wind layer, I can put on a windbreaker under my jacket. I admit that some of the liners I've seen could serve this purpose, but why worry about it if I already own a windbreaker? If I need insulation, I can toss a fleece on under the windbreaker or, if it's not too cold, a sweatshirt or a longsleeve t-shirt. So, really, I wish that the liners were optional and I could get a high-quality mesh jacket in the style I prefer without paying for them.

MTC

"If you can’t go home again, at least you can enjoy the ride” — Peter Egan

2013 CB1100 non-abs
2013 CB1100 abs
10-18-2017 03:19 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,753

Full Statistics

>