Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GSX1400
CTsCB Offline
Break-In Period

Western Australia
RE: GSX1400
(10-18-2017 06:48 AM)PowerDubs Wrote:  That muffler is insane- you can play baseball with it!!

Ha exactly - that will be one thing I will change, just by taking that off you lose about 7kgs from the bike!!!
10-18-2017 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frulk Offline
High Mileage

Utah
Don’t buckle on that muffler. It looks killah!!!!
10-18-2017 06:17 PM
Retsel Offline
High Mileage

Pacifica
(10-17-2017 06:00 PM)CTsCB Wrote:  I had to think long and hard about doing it, but I did it! I sold my 2010 CB1100 and bought a 2007 GSX1400 in as new condition.
The reason, well there's several -

a) the fuel tank capacity on the CB is small and felt like I was forever filling it up. I ride with my Mrs a lot and she gets around 300kms per tank on her SV650, so on long rides we were always looking for the next fill up point.
b) the lack of the 6th gear. The buzz through the bars at 110kp/h was at my internal harmonic filter limit, I just found it annoying and I was forever reaching for that non existent 6th. It also contributes to the point above!
c) that seat! Enough said.

I know it sounds like a whinge, but I actually loved the CB. The ergos, the smoothness and just the overall manners of the bike were impeccable and if I was only going to use the bike for around town I would have kept it for sure.
But the riding distances to get anywhere here in West Oz are huge, so I wanted something more well rounded - sports/touring/town.
And now I have it -

I had always lusted over one of these and when my mind was made up I started searching. Found an immaculate example with low kms and with only a few tasteful mods, so the deal was done.
It ticks all the boxes now - 6th gear, 22ltr fuel tank and a seat like an arm chair. Took it on its first long ride last week and I know this a keeper for sure.
So I hope you don't mind if I hang around this forum even though I am CB'less, as I find this one of the most informative forums out there with none of the garbage that is usually associated with online sites. And let's face it who doesn't wait for their daily fix of the 'Live to Ride...Ride to eat' post!!!
In a few years my wife and I will be retiring to Virginia, USA so I love reading all the ride threads with pics to get ideas of what to look forward to. And who knows, once over there I just might be looking at a new CB as we no longer get them over here......
That is a beauty. I understand the attraction! Let us know if it continues to be al you expected.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
10-18-2017 06:27 PM
CTsCB Offline
Break-In Period

Western Australia
(10-18-2017 06:17 PM)Frulk Wrote:  Don’t buckle on that muffler. It looks killah!!!!

For me the look is a bit too bulky Frulk, once an aftermarket muffler is fitted they have such a great sound and just the weight saving alone of about 7kgs is a pretty good reason to change it.
I'll post a pic when I have swapped it in a few weeks.
10-18-2017 07:03 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Brake Pads... Simplified
i think those come from the same fac . . .Yata-Garasu — 10:28 PM
ALERT: A tired and weary forum.
... quite true Mr. P., even long after t . . .GoldOxide — 07:10 PM
Broken indicator lens