Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 2017 EX still charms
BamaRider Offline
Break-In Period

Alabama
My 2017 EX still charms
My 2017 CB 1100 EX has been in my garage 4 months and now shows 5,000 miles. Not bad, he's splitting time with 3 other bikes and my 2015 Honda Si Vtech. LOL.

It has been along time since I've enjoyed a bike as much as the CB. I ride it all the time, including a 1100 mile, 4 day tour last august, but mostly I ride on the back roads around here that I've come to love so much in the last 50 years.

My sport touring bikes have their place, and nothing beats them on a long tour, but none have the character of the CB 1100, or the looks and sound.

The CB is commented everywhere I ride it. "What year is that bike?" Last week I was followed into a hamburger place 50 miles from home. He saw me at a traffic light, turned around, and followed me a mile, and turned in behind me. He parked and came to me, as I was taking my helmet and coat off.

He knew about CB 1100s but was yet to see a real live 2017 EX. He told me he grew up riding in the 70s, and thought the new CB was the most beautiful bike he'd ever seen.

"They nailed the retro look right down to the exhaust note." I told him. And the 2017 has the modern touches like power clutch, LED lights, ABS and fuel injection. Just great all around fun bike to own."

"Man what a awesome bike, I wish I had one"

"They are not easy to find. Good luck."

Glad I got mine.

www.bamarider.com
2004 Honda ST 1300
2018 BMW 1200 RT
2014 Yamaha FJR ES
2017 Honda CB 1100 EX
10-23-2017 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Offline
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: My 2017 EX still charms
we like happy customers!

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
10-24-2017 07:46 AM
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
RE: My 2017 EX still charms
I often get compliments about my EX from mature riders at gas and food stops. And yes, “What year is it?” is often the question asked.

I don’t usually ride on weekends, too many dang bikers in the way. But Saturday was sunny and warm for this time of year, so it was too hard to resist.

Two hours from home I rolled out of a gas station just in front of three Harleys. Earlier in the morning they had passed me by speeding through a small village. I knew this twisty road well, so I thought it was time to show them what a Honda could do. It only took a few miles of twisty corners before two of the headlights disappeared. But one rider was very persistent until we hit a very long and tight uphill corner.

Later they passed as I was stopped at the Lyndoch Baptist Church on Quadeville Road. There is a spectacular view of a valley from the back of the parking lot. Unfortunately this picture does not capture the depth of the valley or the distant rolling hills. I really should learn to bring my camera with me.

After rolling back on to this scenic road, I realized how silly I had been. This may be my last ride of the season, and I wasted the best part of it trying to show off. Spent the rest of the day cruising and soaking up all that the back road scenery and fall colours had to offer.

Rolled past the 10,000 kilometer mark on this ride. Not bad for someone that only rides once a week during a 6 month riding season. As I look back, I can truly say I enjoyed my 2017 CB1100 EX. It handles well on the twisty roads that I ride. The motor sound great, and is easy to ride slow or fast. Unfortunately it took almost 10,000 kilometers to break in the seat. Or is because I learned Ferret’s trick of taking an aspirin before starting out. Also learned that chain wax eliminates the need to clean the rear rim and all those spokes after every ride. I am reluctant to use my tank bag because it takes away from the looks of the fuel tank. So next year I may use the soft saddlebags I bought this past summer instead.

2017 CB1100 EX
10-24-2017 09:07 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
no kidding....that's just a picture too. . . .misterprofessionality — 07:34 AM
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
It's fun to read all these comments... . . .peterbaron — 07:18 AM