Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ADVrider poll on classic motorcycles
Mscb1100 Offline
1st Service Completed

Mississippi
RE: ADVrider poll on classic motorcycles
(11-13-2017 03:11 PM)the_undecider Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 03:02 PM)Nortoon Wrote:  Not recommended in traffic, because the driver behind you might think you are mooning them.

I think you are supposed to wear some sort of pants beneath your leather chaps...Tongue

That was a good one

Looks fast sitting still
11-18-2017 04:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaSwami Offline
Running Like a Top

Florida panhandle
SportsterDoc -----> And here is the post I found you made on WG:

" I think it important for V7/V7 II/V7 III riders to note that my decision is not much of a negative reflection on the bike.
I very much enjoyed riding it, but other factors were involved, such as dirt roads and the Las Vegas dealership.

I am very much done with Freedom Euro Cycle in Las Vegas

I was treated well by sales, service and parts.

I liked owners Brad and Mark Yuill.

Then I encountered Chris, who stated he was an owner (but not on the Secretary of State website for incorporation).

It went downhill when he moved my bike out of a parking space so that he could park his Jaguar in that space.

When I confronted him, he apologized, but his true attitude was displayed yesterday...since I probably embarrassed him during the first encounter.

It boils down to not wanting to further support his arrogant attitude.

Not going there anymore (for MG or Triumph) makes it 300 miles to nearest dealer.

BTW, although treated well by the service department, for the first service last Feb/Mar; getting things done while I wait (36 mile round trip) may be much more difficult. They buy tons of bikes on auction and the service department can get slammed, prepping them for resale."
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 04:29 PM by DaSwami.)
11-18-2017 04:28 PM
SportsterDoc Offline
1st Service Completed

southern Nevada
(11-18-2017 04:22 PM)DaSwami Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 05:06 PM)SportsterDoc Wrote:  I've have/had three on the list, if the Bonneville counts:
The V7 II was a ultimate disappointment.

Wait a minute....waaaaiiiittt a minute, this is interesting. I thought you really liked the V7II?? At least that's what you posted over on Wild Guzzi? I thought the only reason you got rid of that that bike is some owners of the dealer you purchased from made you upset because they asked you to get out of their parking spot and treated you rudely in your mind?

Do tell....what made the V7II "the ultimate disappointment" now...

I loved riding it and the shaft drive was flawless.
Although only 44 HP, torque was excellent.

Ultimately (all things considered, not that it was the ultimate disappointment), the primary annoyance was fueling. My 2012 Triumph, 2018 Yamaha and now the CB1100, start (cold or hot) and run perfect. The M-G did not. It also developed an intermittent need for throttle to idle. A secondary annoyance was having to remove the tank to see if it had the hybrid fuel filter, half metal and half plastic. I had enough miles on it to be confident that it did not have the missing thrust washer problem, which is an engine killer.

My WG post indicated that there is a lot to be liked about the V7II, but I wanted better. Also, some more off-road trails were calling, so I traded for a 2018 XT250 and explored those trails. Then friends asked when we were going again to Utah and holding 70 MPH on an XT250 is not relaxing.

For more info see this thread: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showt...185&page=4

Post 1, 6, 18, 21 etc.

Does that fully explain?

Recent bikes:
2018 Yamaha XT250
2016 Moto Guzzi V7II
2017 Yamaha TW200
2012 Triumph Bonneville
2002 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Sport
2003 Harley-Davidson Sportster XLH883
11-18-2017 05:48 PM
DaSwami Offline
Running Like a Top

Florida panhandle
I see, what you meant was the V7II "was ultimately a disappointment". Tweaking that phrase would have made all the difference haha

The fueling was likely related to not having the latest and best fuel map from the factory, that your dealer should have taken care of. There was a thread on WG that talked about it, and having that downloaded solved all my fueling issues.

I disagree that you "had" to remove the tank to check for the half plastic / half metal filter, they ALL have that and despite internet machinations to the contrary, is rarely an issue. Dave at MI said he "never" had to replace one due to a failure, and he is (was) "the guy" when it came to all things Moto Guzzi.

Sorry if I jumped you on that, I love the CB1100 but the V7 series are wonderful bikes also, that I'm a bit protective of, not perfect but the product itself is a sweet ride, dealer network and factory support issues aside.

Carry on...
Yesterday 02:56 AM

[-]
Recent Posts
2013 CB1100 Owners Registry
Here's a Kijiji ad for a cb1100. Dude ha . . .Albertaboy — 08:18 AM
Saw this on the internet
Somebody spent a lot of money on that. . . .PowerDubs — 07:11 AM
Hit an Oil Slick and Need Help!
How bad is the crankcase? Do you have a . . .will866 — 07:04 AM
Saw this on the internet