Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New seat arrives
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
New seat arrives
Samurider sent a KH tall seat in plain black to help my long legs with more room. It’s a piece of art. I’ll try and attach pics. It feels great and has thicker foam too.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

11-08-2017 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
RE: New seat arrives
(11-08-2017 08:04 PM)Spiderwatts Wrote:  Samurider sent a KH tall seat in plain black to help my long legs with more room. It’s a piece of art. I’ll try and attach pics. It feels great and has thicker foam too.

It appears wider in middle and rear passenger area.
Can you see or feel if is wider

Looks fast sitting still
11-08-2017 08:08 PM
use2b Offline
High Mileage

Perdido Key Florida
i am impressed with seat i have from them also , did have to break it in

The best part about growing up in Florida is i didn't have to move here when i got old.
former owner of the baddest 2013 CB1100 ever ;] now a plush ride -2014 Goldwing Valkyrie GL1800C
11-08-2017 08:17 PM
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
Not much wider. It’s higher quality than the stock seat. They use screws instead of staples. And it’s a denser foam. I don’t sink into the soft foam like I did the stock seat. I have long legs and it just cramped my hips and ankles. I have some black CNC 25mm pegs coming and between the two I’ll be ready to ride coast to coastSmile
11-08-2017 08:23 PM
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I have considered buying a better seat for my EX because I feel a little cramped.
I am 6'2" tall and have a 32 inch inseam.
So I have to ask: How tall are you and what is your inseam?

Are the pegs to be lower than the Honda ones?

2017 CB1100 EX
11-08-2017 09:07 PM
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
6’, 34” inseam. 220lbs.
The seat helps greatly.
The CNC footpegs can be ordered in regular, 25mm, 40mm, or 50mm lower. My first set was the 40-50mm lower but they would not work without modifying the kickstand a bit because the bracket hit it. I have some 25mm ones on way. They are black bracket and black peg. They look absolutely awesome with my 2014 standard with all the blacked out chrome. The more I ride and look at this bike the more I fall in love with it. If I have too many highballs I might try and have sex with it. Probably too much info for fellow forum members but man she’s a beauty.
Anyhow, the extra two inches with seat, plus no sinking foam along with almost an inch lower pegs should hit the Goldilocks spot.
This forum has been a great source of information for me. If you like I’ll post pictures of the pegs and brackets after new ones installed.
It’s going to look even better and help out with my different lower body challenges.
I’m so happy I bought a leftover 2014 in black. I really like the black cast wheels, the 6th gear, and the upgraded (from earlier models) digital dash.
The black chrome Honda made is as high quality as late model Harley’s and I think it makes the motor look good compared to the lighter color grayish ones.
I just got through working so this post is in wee hours of morning. And no I have not had any highballs yet so she’s safe tonightSmile
11-09-2017 03:15 AM
Nortoon Offline
High Mileage

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(11-09-2017 03:15 AM)Spiderwatts Wrote:  6’, 34” inseam. 220lbs. The seat helps greatly.

The CNC footpegs can be ordered in regular, 25mm, 40mm, or 50mm lower. I have some 25mm ones on way. If you like I’ll post pictures of the pegs and brackets after new ones are installed.

I weight 225 pounds, so the seat would probably improve my riding position and comfort.

I would like pictures of the pegs, and a review of the seat after a few long rides. Thanks!

2017 CB1100 EX
11-09-2017 10:58 AM
jimgl3 Offline
High Mileage

Covington, Ga
(11-08-2017 08:23 PM)Spiderwatts Wrote:  Not much wider. It’s higher quality than the stock seat. They use screws instead of staples. And it’s a denser foam. I don’t sink into the soft foam like I did the stock seat. I have long legs and it just cramped my hips and ankles. I have some black CNC 25mm pegs coming and between the two I’ll be ready to ride coast to coastSmile

to be quite honest with you, I don't see how anyone gets a staple in the oem seat pan! I have heavy duty carpenter's stapler and pretty strong staples and they just squash instead of piercing the pan! I pulled an oem staple and they are so flimsy! how did they get them into that pan? I'm completely at a loss!
02-08-2018 06:45 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
New seat arrives
I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the Force, Jim. Maybe popgun will explain.
02-08-2018 10:29 PM
jimgl3 Offline
High Mileage

Covington, Ga
all due respect, the carpenter's stapler has massive force. it is squashing the staples completely flat they just don't go in the plastic. and I am pushing against it. harder I push, flatter they get. the staples have a beveled edge, but must not be sharp enough I guess. I'm going to take it to an upholstery shop.
02-09-2018 05:07 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my p . . .peterbaron — 05:38 AM
CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge
That's cool, Tev! Somehow, when my pho . . .Tev62 — 03:36 AM
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,753

Full Statistics

>