Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Corbin seat and back rest for cb1100
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
RE: Corbin seat and back rest for cb1100
(11-19-2017 08:30 PM)warman Wrote:  I have a Corbin seat with an aftermarket backrest. Couldn’t bring myself to spend $250 for the real deal. It’s just something to keep your passengers from sliding off the back. My wife thinks the backrest makes riding feel much safer. I think it attaches very securely.

Tomorrow it goes to Seth Laam to add some more padding and make it a “long range” seat. I might be crazy but I’m looking for perfection.

Warman,
I emailed Seth back in late Sept and in late October he called me.
I thought it rather strange to take that long to reply.
He seemed like a nice guy and I have a ship date to get my stock seat to him by 11/27
I checked his website and there is one photo of a CB1100 seat. I sent him a request to get info about it and he never replied.
I have a Corbin and have about 400 miles on it. On my last ride after about 80 miles I moved up onto the rear lip to stretch out and felt better after just a mile and moved back down. I’m now thinking I may want a tall K H seat. On my 14 DL 1000 VStrom I have a total flat Seat Concepts tall seat and love being able to move around and change positions.
Does anyone else have a Seth Lamm seat, if so how does it work for you and did they build it as you desired

Looks fast sitting still
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 06:58 PM by Mscb1100.)
11-20-2017 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
warman Offline
1st Service Completed

SE Texas
(11-20-2017 06:56 PM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  
(11-19-2017 08:30 PM)warman Wrote:  I have a Corbin seat with an aftermarket backrest. Couldn’t bring myself to spend $250 for the real deal. It’s just something to keep your passengers from sliding off the back. My wife thinks the backrest makes riding feel much safer. I think it attaches very securely.

Tomorrow it goes to Seth Laam to add some more padding and make it a “long range” seat. I might be crazy but I’m looking for perfection.

Warman,
He seemed like a nice guy and I have a ship date to get my stock seat to him by 11/27
I checked his website and there is one photo of a CB1100 seat. I sent him a request to get info about it and he never replied.
I have a Corbin and have about 400 miles on it. On my last ride after about 80 miles I moved up onto the rear lip to stretch out and felt better after just a mile and moved back down. I’m now thinking I may want a tall K H seat. On my 14 DL 1000 VStrom I have a total flat Seat Concepts tall seat and love being able to move around and change positions.
Does anyone else have a Seth Lamm seat, if so how does it work for you and did they build it as you desired

I was to get him my seat by 11/28. Quite a coincidence. He called me just a day after my first inquiry and was very friendly. I also saw the pictures of his CB1100 seat and liked what I saw.

I talked to two aftermarket seat people and one told me he had three hundred seats in que. Not sure if it was Seth or not. Seth says it will be about three weeks. But I don’t mind waiting to get what I want. I still have my stock seat so I can still ride.
11-20-2017 10:16 PM
mdharne Offline
Break-In Period

georgia
Thanks for all the input. My wife wants a back rest so I think we will go with it.
11-24-2017 06:44 PM
swifty Offline
Break-In Period

US
I have a Corbin seat my last ride was around 600miles I could not have done it if it wasn't for that seat. It does require a break in period and their customer service is awesome as I had them shave the seat so I could reach the ground better when I had the cover replaced under warranty.
11-25-2017 12:08 PM
Mscb1100 Offline
Running Like a Top

Birmingham, AL
(11-20-2017 10:16 PM)warman Wrote:  
(11-20-2017 06:56 PM)Mscb1100 Wrote:  

Warman,

I was to get him my seat by 11/28. Quite a coincidence. He called me just a day after my first inquiry and was very friendly. I also saw the pictures of his CB1100 seat and liked what I saw.

I talked to two aftermarket seat people and one told me he had three hundred seats in que. Not sure if it was Seth or not. Seth says it will be about three weeks. But I don’t mind waiting to get what I want. I still have my stock seat so I can still ride.

Warman
Have you heard from Seth since sending you seat, I havent

Looks fast sitting still
12-04-2017 10:31 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In . . .The ferret — 03:58 PM