Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time for new boots
Banned Offline
Banned

earth
RE: Time for new boots
(01-08-2018 06:34 PM)DAC Wrote:  
(12-24-2017 06:59 AM)W/R Wrote:  I'm a pretty simple guy and not very flashy - my motorcycles reflect this as well as pretty much everything I own. The one exception being my Trans Am.

The screaming chicken!! My dad owned one of those. I took my driver's test in it but I was gentle. The cop fell asleep - true story.

I had always wanted a '77-78 Trans Am after seeing Smokey and the Bandit at my 8th birthday party in 1980 (who didn't?) but could never buy one as being in the Army you never know when or where you going to be living.

When I moved back home to retire I found out I couldn't afford a mint example '77 TA (I'm picky that way) but I had seen a 2002 Collector Edition Trans Am in 2011 and although I'm not a big fan of yellow I loved the look of it. I figured it was the best of both worlds - the last TA to be built and great performance (unlike late '70s models with +/-200hp).

Well only 300 came to Canada with about half being convertible (no good) so finding a mint t-top proved difficult, especially on the east coast. Finally in March 2016 one popped up 550km away with only 37,000km on it and absolutely spotless, I bought it immediately and sold my '73 LeMans and '77 Córdoba to pay for it. I had only bought them to fill in until I found my TA anyway.

Much like my CB1100, that car will be here until I am gone.

Oops, sorry - we now return you to your regular motorcycle programming.
01-09-2018 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
(01-08-2018 11:31 AM)Inhouse Bob Wrote:  
(12-24-2017 02:22 PM)Cormanus Wrote:  They're 6 years old now and going OK, although they do fill up with water if it rains hard enough. Overboots have sorted that problem.

I didn't know it ever rained down there Angel

ROFL
01-10-2018 03:37 PM
2017EX Offline
Running Like a Top

U.S.A.
Cormanus, I have a pair of Daytona Arrow Sport GTX boots that are a 3/4, Gore-Tex/waterproof for summertime. All the Daytonas are hand made in Germany, and use leather outers, not synthetic. The taller boot in the line would be the Roadstar GTX, also Gore-Tex/waterproof. I tried all sorts of boots, but I wanted leather, and I wanted CE rated. I found that the boots I have are quite waterproof, but also breath very well in the heat of the Texas summer. I also found that they fit slightly wider feet like mine a lot more comfortably than the typically narrower Italian/European ( other than Daytona ) boots. Supposedly Daytona boots are part of the BMW riders "uniform" in Europe, LOL. Daytona is very pricey, but durability, construction, finish, attention to detail, and protection is second to none in my humble opinion. Currently I am saving my pennies for a pair of the taller Roadstar GTX boots for cooler weather, and longer rides. I get all my gear from Revzilla.com , because of their very liberal return/exchange policies, but as others have pointed out there might be a savings from ordering them direct from Germany. Here is a link to the Daytona page at revzilla.com with pictures and video reviews of the Daytona boots: https://www.revzilla.com/daytona-boots
01-13-2018 01:55 PM
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Thanks 2017EX. I’ll certainly look at those when it’s time for new boots.
01-13-2018 02:12 PM
Houtman Offline
Been There

NC USA
[quote='2017EX' pid='192139' dateline='1515876941']
Cormanus, I have a pair of Daytona Arrow Sport GTX boots that are a 3/4, Gore-Tex/waterproof for summertime. All the Daytonas are hand made in Germany, and use leather outers, not synthetic. The taller boot in the line would be the Roadstar GTX, also Gore-Tex/waterproof. I tried all sorts of boots, but I wanted leather, and I wanted CE rated. I found that the boots I have are quite waterproof, but also breath very well in the heat of the Texas summer. I also found that they fit slightly wider feet like mine a lot more comfortably than the typically narrower Italian/European ( other than Daytona ) boots. Supposedly Daytona boots are part of the BMW riders "uniform" in Europe, LOL. Daytona is very pricey, but durability, construction, finish, attention to detail, and protection is second to none in my humble opinion. Currently I am saving my pennies for a pair of the taller Roadstar GTX boots for cooler weather, and longer rides. I get all my gear from Revzilla.com , because of their very liberal return/exchange policies, but as others have pointed out there might be a savings from ordering them direct from Germany. Here is a link to the Daytona page at revzilla.com with pictures and video reviews of the Daytona boots: https://www.revzilla.com/daytona-boots
[I ordered My Daytona boots directly from a German seller and saved $150 AND they had the wide size I needed./quote]
01-13-2018 07:28 PM
2017EX Offline
Running Like a Top

U.S.A.
Cormanus, Went back through the thread and noted you need a wide size. The standard width Daytona boots that fit me, are something like a C-D width ( I wear a D or medium width in regular shoes ). However, Daytona is also one of the few manufacturers that also offer widths wider than D as well. Off hand, I actually cant think of any other brands that offer wide widths. Just like you, this was one of the problems I had when I was looking for boots until I tried the Daytonas. All the other brands I tried, many of which have been mentioned in this thread and are good boots, were too narrow for me. Another thing I discovered was that some of the other brands had higher toe boxes, which made it a bit clumsy trying to get underneath my shifter.
01-14-2018 12:04 AM
bigsheep Offline
Running Like a Top

Hamilton, ON
So I went with Nortoon and bought the Alpine Stars Roam 2.0. at $224 canadian with free shipping it seemed hard to go wrong. I read they are great but can get hot, I may get a pair with mesh panels for when things heat up in July or something more "track specific" but I have a few months of spring before I have to worry about that.

1968 CB350
1981 CB125S
2002 CBR600F4i
2013 CB1100
2014 Honda CTX700N (sold)
03-16-2018 08:58 PM
will866 Offline
1st Service Completed

Boston Ma
(11-25-2017 02:59 PM)Rolls Wrote:  Love my Chippewa Motorcycle Boots. Stout. 4 years and 40,000 miles, still great. Very walkable, too. On sale for another 8 hours. Read reviews. YMMV.

Chippewa Moto Boots.

Looks like they have a good sale on right now too
04-04-2018 04:03 AM
Banned Offline
Banned

earth
(04-04-2018 04:03 AM)will866 Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 02:59 PM)Rolls Wrote:  Love my Chippewa Motorcycle Boots. Stout. 4 years and 40,000 miles, still great. Very walkable, too. On sale for another 8 hours. Read reviews. YMMV.

Chippewa Moto Boots.

Looks like they have a good sale on right now too

I wish I had bought a pair of these instead of the Dainese boots I got, I'm not overly impressed with them for what I paid for them.
04-04-2018 07:56 AM
Peperapido Offline
Break-In Period

Europe
I have bought this ones

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-rodeo-boots
04-06-2018 12:16 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Tire Options for our CB1100
You might like to play with the front pr . . .Tev62 — 03:09 AM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles . . .GoldOxide — 07:46 PM
What did you do to/with your other bike?
... That looks like it was comforting, . . .pdedse — 05:17 PM
Todays weather
That’s the spirit, peterbaron! Keep th . . .Cormanus — 03:34 PM
What a fun trip! Didn't know they made a . . .Gone in 60 — 03:16 PM
Todays weather
Partly sunny, cool, windy and 48 miles o . . .peterbaron — 03:12 PM
Great pics, pdedse.Cormanus — 02:55 PM
The Cormanus Chronicles: Remembering Jake an...
I’m sure contemporary rollers have som . . .Cormanus — 02:53 PM

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 6,517
» Latest member: keedonald
» Forum threads: 15,975
» Forum posts: 329,751

Full Statistics

>