Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MotoAmerica finally gets it.
F800GT Offline
1st Service Completed

USA
RE: MotoAmerica finally gets it.
(01-06-2018 08:24 PM)DAC Wrote:  Don't know as much about racing as a lot of you guys and only started to check it out in the last few years. So, feel free to discount my comments.

However, the Superbike classes have sort of bored me a bit. I wanted it to be great and see really competitive motorsport.
But, the same 3 or 4 guys were in contention each week and they just ran away from the rest of the pack. Usually only two brands are competitive per circuit. In World SBK it was Kawasaki and Ducati. MotoAmerica was Suzuki and Yamaha. So, if you're a Honda fan you just got used being an also ran. Stock 1000 might be a good way to judge who makes the best superbike, but maybe not so fun to watch since it'll mostly be the newest bike with the latest cool bits that wins.

It's hard to match the product that MotoGP puts out there and works-style racing is certainly hugely expensive. But somehow they've managed to make it really competitive. 2017 was tight and in 2016 they had something like 8 different guys win races.

Just my $.02 and sorry to be the downer.

MotoGP has not always been like 2017. There were the years where the battles were only between Rainey and Schwantz but they were good battles to watch. Then came the domination of Doohan.

MotoGP fixed it and made it fun to watch as it was in the last couple years. WSBK will have to do the same. MotoAmerica is fun because you get to go and meet the racers, take a few pictures with them. MotoAmerica races in 2017 were good to watch too. Good to see Suzuki kicked Yamaha's butt. Honda is catching up. And hopefully Kawasaki, Ducati and other manufacturers will join the fun !! Banana Beer Excited Banana
01-11-2018 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
RE: MotoAmerica finally gets it.
(01-11-2018 09:31 PM)F800GT Wrote:  MotoGP has not always been like 2017. There were the years where the battles were only between Rainey and Schwantz but they were good battles to watch. Then came the domination of Doohan.

MotoGP fixed it and made it fun to watch as it was in the last couple years. WSBK will have to do the same. MotoAmerica is fun because you get to go and meet the racers, take a few pictures with them. MotoAmerica races in 2017 were good to watch too. Good to see Suzuki kicked Yamaha's butt. Honda is catching up. And hopefully Kawasaki, Ducati and other manufacturers will join the fun !! Banana Beer Excited Banana
Yep.

(01-08-2018 05:58 PM)egleaves Wrote:  
Quote:Next (or rather, at the same time) would be developing better and at the same time less costly ways to obtain not only the motorcycle class license but the level of skill more in tune with today's transportation infrastructure conditions. The skill level required of new licensee in most North American jurisdictions is adequate for leisurely cruising country roads, but it is completely inadequate to send a young rider in suburban commuter traffic.

I strongly agree with a need for updated, relevant training for those getting licensed. I would even go so far as to argue for continuing education to maintain a license. Everyone could use a refresher at some point and, like you mentioned, infrastructure and equipment change over time.

This shouldn't apply exclusively to MC riders.....too many drivers simply don't understand the magnitude of the kinetic energy they are piloting with their non-texting hand. States give away drivers licenses too freely considering the amount of actual training required.

To share a statement recently overheard by my wife:

"I failed my dmv test.... one of the questions i missed was about motorcycles when they are in your lane. I don't think they should be able to do that.... they shouldn't even be on a motorcycle. These roads are dangerous. Anyway, the question was about what to do when a motorcycle is in your lane, but i don't drive a motorcycle, so why should i need to know that?"

More education across the board (riders and drivers) would bolster awareness and empathy that I think is much needed out there on the roads.
Your stock just went up by triple digits.Thumbs Up
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 10:44 AM by Ulvetanna.)
01-15-2018 10:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 . . .misterprofessionality — 04:31 AM
But is he really $2,000 ahead? A 3 mod . . .m in sc — 03:32 AM