Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lombard 2 jeans
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
Lombard 2 jeans
Howdy forum members!
I just got through working but wanted to tell everyone about these pants.
I was in Plano, TX a couple of days ago for medical treatment and afterwards I stopped at European Cycles in Plano. They have hundreds, I’m not kidding, of new Ducati’s, Triumphs, Royal Enfield, MV’s, and BMW’s. It was like heaven on earth. But I was on a mission to find some armored jeans.
I have been riding forever, like most of you, and I know the safest way to ride is with full leathers etc. But it is hot and humid here in “God’s Country” a lot of the time and I freely admit to riding in shorts and T-shirt a lot. I wear gloves. Yes, it’s bizarre but my previous accidents usually hurt my hands and trying to maintain hygiene with wounded hands is challenging. Before I get off on a tangent, my goal was to find a store that stocked the armored jeans so I could try them on.
Here in Shreveport/Bossier City none of the motorcycle shops stocked ANY armored/Kevlar type jeans and told me there was no interest in them so they do not stock but could order them.
European Cycle had several models in stock and I found a type called Lombard 2, they are cordura/denim with protection in seat, hips, and knees that apparently passes European test of abrasion protection of 6 seconds at 100km per hour. Better than Kevlar. They have very thin armor in knees. They look like regular jeans and have heavy duty cordura/denim type material.
After trying on several models and styles and different sizes I bought a pair and am quite happy.
I know they are not leathers but better than my regular Levi denim pants I usually wear.
All the pants I looked at and tried on were around $200. An expensive purchase for sure and another reason why I wanted to be able to try them on. When I got home I priced shopped them on Revzilla and Dennis Kirk and they basically were same price.
I think it’s worth paying a little bit more for riding gear at a dealer because you can try them on. If we jus shipped by price those dealers would go out of business.
Anyhow, just wanted to share my armored jean experience.
Hopefully I’ll never have to test the abrasion test of thes pants but I feel a little better knowing my old skin and bones have some protection.
12-10-2017 03:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
RE: Lombard 2 jeans
I looked them up on Revzilla

"With a slim, stylish fit and low profile,"

unfortunately that does not describe my body style lol

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revi...rd-2-jeans

Defender of the Realm
2014 DLX (the pleasure horse)
2021 NC750X DCT (Angry Bird)
12-10-2017 10:07 AM
Lord Popgun Online
I find your lack of RLETs disturbing

Virginia Beach
It does mine!!! In 1975 Sad

If you come to a fork in the road, take it!
2013 CB1100
2012 ST1300
Holder of the CB1100Forum Secret Decoder Ring
12-10-2017 10:16 AM
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
(12-10-2017 10:16 AM)popgun Wrote:  It does mine!!! In 1975 Sad

ROFL right there with ya popgun

Defender of the Realm
12-10-2017 10:21 AM
Spiderwatts Offline
Break-In Period

Louisiana
Just trying to help. I’m sure they make different styles and cuts.
I thought I was helping with some good info on a type of armored jean for fellow forum members.
12-10-2017 01:14 PM
jedd Offline
Running Like a Top

Austin, TX
Thx for the heads up!
My sister lives in Plano, about 20 mins west of euro cycles.
I'll go check them out after christmas. Hopefully I'll catch some sales.
12-10-2017 01:31 PM
The ferret Online
Forum Moderator

Ohio
(12-10-2017 01:14 PM)Spiderwatts Wrote:  Just trying to help. I’m sure they make different styles and cuts.
I thought I was helping with some good info on a type of armored jean for fellow forum members.

Yes should be of great help to many, thanks.

Defender of the Realm
12-10-2017 01:46 PM
Guth Offline
Forum Founder

Portland, OR
Spiderwatts,

This type of info is always appreciated. Some of here on the forum just like to poke fun at ourselves every now and then. (In my it's hard to resist as I'm such an easy target).

Thanks for posting up about the Lombard jeans!

The Honda CB1100: STILL air-COOLed
Deposit placed 11/12/2012.
Received delivery 04/05/2013.
12-11-2017 01:36 AM
Rocky Offline
Been There

Nova Scotia, Canada
(12-10-2017 01:14 PM)Spiderwatts Wrote:  Just trying to help. I’m sure they make different styles and cuts.

Don't take any offense. As Guth said, this is a fun forum and poking fun sometimes is part of it. It's all in good humor and not intended to offend. We all enjoy a laugh even if it's at our own expense Big Grin
Insults and flaming is not tolerated here so have no fear of that.
Thanks for the info Thumbs Up

Still rockin', rollin', and ridin' after all these years
'67 BSA 441 VR, '70 Triumph Tiger 100, '02 Honda CB900F, '06 Triumph T100 Bonneville, '14 Honda CB1100A
12-11-2017 04:08 AM
2017EX Offline
Running Like a Top

U.S.A.
I saw this post, and thought I would pass on some of my gear finds. Like the author, I live in Texas, so it is usually too hot for leathers. I do not have any shops with a good selection of gear anywhere close, so I get most of my gear from revzilla.com. Revzilla has the best customer service I have ever found, bar none, and returns with prepaid shipping labels because something did not fit is the norm, free shipping on order $35 and over. Anyway, I wanted Kevlar lined jeans for abrasion protection. I ended up buying Scorpion Covert Kevlar lined jeans. The fit, finish and appearance is spot on. The jeans do have pockets for hip and knee armor that can be purchased separately. My experience has been that the fit of jeans in general will hold hip armor in place, but not so much knee armor. Consequently I think the more effective way to go for knee armor is strap on, or elastic tube mounted pull on knee armor, worn under the Kevlar jeans. Another good brand, which also happens to be the original Kevlar lined motorcycle jean, is the Draggin Jeans brand, dragginjeans.com. Draggin is not to be confused with Drayko Draggin jeans, which are made in Australia ( the original Draggin is U.S. made ). I dont know what the story is between the two, but there is apparently some connection that goes back several years. I also wanted to pass on a glove that I like, the Scorpion Klaw II. It is an armored glove, made of goatskin. It has hard armor across the knuckles, several areas of soft armor and padding throughout, padded palm, and a double layer of leather along the full length of the little finger edge of the hand.
12-13-2017 08:55 AM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Triumph Thruxton RS Final Edition
That is a very good story, Ferret. In . . .The ferret — 03:58 PM
I don't know about that... they're easy . . .Gone in 60 — 03:50 PM