Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Didn't really want to, but...
Labrador12 Offline
1st Service Completed

USA
RE: Didn't really want to, but...
I was able to pick up my 2014 cb1100 brand new for $6999 Oct 24 2917. I wasn't looking for another bike but the 10,000 miles on a air cooled Honda story, plus the great price got me back in the saddle. I spend mid-July through Oct flyfishing for salmon in Ak. April into July is going to be bike time once again. I really like my cb1100 even though I don't have 100 miles on it yet.
12-27-2017 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cormanus Offline

Queensland, Australia
Good for you pdedse. I hope you enjoy the new bike. Stick around here and keep us up to date with your riding adventures.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 01:47 PM by Cormanus.)
12-27-2017 01:47 PM
nhawk7504 Offline
Running Like a Top

Boston
Those are nice machines too. Traction control. Slipper clutch. All kinds of add ons.
12-27-2017 02:07 PM
Ulvetanna Away
Road Warrior

USA
(12-27-2017 02:07 PM)nhawk7504 Wrote:  Those are nice machines too. Traction control. Slipper clutch. All kinds of add ons.
Righto, the TC works well enough but quite abrupt, just enough to keep you out of serious trouble. ABS works very well, you can hardly feel it activating. Very high threshold especially with good rubber.

Superlight clutch feel on the Triumph but I am not sure it has a slipper feature. I've never felt it kick yet. Every machine I have with a slipper or slip/grip clutch, at lease every once in a blue moon, it'll kick. The lever just sort of "jumps" a bit so you know it's working. Maybe a few milliseconds at most. Never sensed it on the Street Cup and have ridden that same as GSX-R 750 on occasion, it downshifts beautifully at high rpm with a quick blip. Sounds pretty good too lol!

So, great safety tech package there on the Triumph.

(12-26-2017 09:36 PM)pdedse Wrote:  
(12-26-2017 11:56 AM)Bheezy27403 Wrote:  The Twin has a cam coming out soon that will add (claimed) 30 hp! That bike should be a hoot with 80ish HP if the frame can handle it. Prolly need a brake upgrade too.

Good luck with the new Triumph.

Report back with your experience.

Whether the frame can handle 30 hp more or not, I probably wouldn't! : ) It seems to have plenty-o-power as is.

Thanks for well-wishes here. I know that I'll miss aspects of the CB1100. I've told myself that worse case scenario should I not like the Street Twin that much, I can come back in two years for a new or used CB.

Here it is in my drive before the 2" of snow hit Christmas Eve day.

Take care folks; if you're in the Portland/Gresham area, don't be afraid to holler.
lol, that's funny, almost bought that exact model, but went with the black. Yep you will miss your CB but that's how it goes. Let's see if the RS comes out.

Torque and power are really well-matched to the frame and wheels. It gets away from a stoplight really well, huh! 59 lbs-ft (crankshaft lol).
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 02:56 PM by Ulvetanna.)
12-27-2017 02:54 PM

[-]
Forum Friends
Premium Exhausts & Unique Parts from Japan

[-]
Recent Posts
Brake Pads... Simplified
I bought all my pads from my Honda deale . . .peterbaron — 12:21 AM
Brake Pads... Simplified
i think those come from the same fac . . .Yata-Garasu — 10:28 PM
ALERT: A tired and weary forum.